Most Recent from YES! Magazine
At the Mercy of Strangers
by Wendy Lustbaderposted Aug 29, 2005
- What would you ask of the people who will care for you when you are unable to care for yourself?
Ten Reasons Young People Should Care About Social
by Rock the Voteposted Aug 29, 2005
The Dos and Don'ts of Social Security
by Amy Chasanovposted Aug 29, 2005
- What can we do to fix social security without destroying it?
Retirement Crisis, Real or Imagined? Moral and
Economic Questions on Social Security
by Gar Alperovitzposted Aug 29, 2005
- Social security privatization, the collapse of private pensions, low rates of savings -- what should we do?
Can Elders Save the World
by Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomiposted Aug 29, 2005
- This is no time to be wasting the talents and wisdom of elders.
Supporting the Young People Who Just Say No
by Larry Kerschnerposted Aug 19, 2005
- How to counter the military recruitment of young people.
7 Ways to Keep Your Marbles
by Jeanette Franksposted Aug 19, 2005
- Tactics to live a long healthy life.
Where Will I Live When I Get Older?
by Carolyn McConnellposted Aug 15, 2005
- Green House Project replaces nursing homes.
Of, By and For Seniors: Japanese Seniors Co-operatives
by Robert Marshallposted Aug 15, 2005
- Japanese families are getting smaller while the ranks of the aged are growing. A co-operative has stepped into this vacuum, connecting thousands of elders who have something to give and something to receive.
Parenting: The Sequel
by Steve and Rita Old Coyote, Dee Axelrodposted Aug 15, 2005
- These grandparents bring savvy and compassion to the task of raising another generation
Operation Homecoming: How to End the Iraq
by Erik Leaverposted Aug 15, 2005
- U.S. public opinion is turning against continued occupation of Iraq. But how might we extract ourselves?
Letter from the Editor
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Aug 15, 2005
- We need each other across generations. And in this time of mounting crises, we need our elders to act as elders and take a stand for the next seven genertions.
YES! But How? :: Paint Job
posted Aug 15, 2005
- Safe Painting, Spam, Vegetable Oil Soap, Aprovecho Stoves
YES! But How? :: Lumber Certification
posted Aug 15, 2005
- Lumber Certification, Water Temperature for Hand Dishwashing, Recycling Electronics, Organic Food
Discussion Guide for Respecting Elders, Becoming Elders
posted Aug 09, 2005
- Questions like: • What would you need to do to enter elderhood? What could your community do to support you in making that transition? • Do you have an older person you admire and would like to be like? What makes this person a model for you?