Seven Great Ideas for Movement Builders
by Grace Lee BoggsMay 24, 2005
- Movement building is not just about winning on a particular issue, says Grace Lee Boggs. It is about advancing the evolution of human society.
by Christopher Gutsche, Kathleen SmithMay 24, 2005
- Campus housing goes green at Berea College.
Resources for Teaching Peace
by Katie BillingsMay 23, 2005
- Curricula and other resources for teaching peace.
Discussion Guide for What Makes a Great Place?
May 20, 2005
- What are your favorite places in your area? Where do you spend the greatest amount of your leisure time outside your home? Where do you most enjoy spending time? Which of the five qualities do these places have? More questions like these for discussion . . .
Resources for a Sustainable Future
by Katie BillingsMay 19, 2005
- Want to take action, but don't know where to start? Start here! The following is a list of organizations that support both teachers and students in their efforts to create positive environmental change.
Lesson Plan Guidelines: Using YES! Stories in Class
by YES! for Youth Education ProgramMay 18, 2005
- YES! for Youth curriculum materials are based on articles published in the pages of ad-free YES! magazine. They are designed to help students explore positive solutions to social justice and environmental challenges.
Honey, I Shrunk the Middle Class
by Meizhu LuiMay 16, 2005
- The Shrinking American Middle Class by Meizhu Lui - United for a Fair Economy
The American Dream
by Sarah van GelderMay 16, 2005
Staying Wild: How the Wilderness Act Changed My Life
by Annick SmithMay 16, 2005
- For one woman writer, wilderness provided sanctuary and solace in an unstable world. Preserving this source of the good life meant stepping into the political fray.
Students Break Out
by Becky Brun, Brian EdstromMay 16, 2005
- Alternative spring breaks: These young people experienced adventure, camaraderie, and the satisfaction of making a difference--plus a few surprises
Extreme Makeover: Neighborhood Edition
by David WannMay 09, 2005
Five Ways to a Great Place
by Kathy MaddenMay 09, 2005
- Project for Public Spaces works to create places that attract people. What makes these places work?
The New City Beautiful
by Francesca LymanMay 09, 2005
- Vancouver, Seattle, London, and Chicago are getting healthier and more beautiful through "green urbanism."
by Mary NelsonMay 09, 2005
- Incorporates a mix of high-density residential, retail and office functions all within easy access of a major transit stop.
Community Land Trusts
by Susan Witt, Merrian FullerMay 09, 2005
- CLT's take land out of the speculative market and hold it for farmland, conservation or as sites for housing or businesses.