May 30, 2007
- Masthead for YES! Magazine :: Issue 42 :: Summer 2007
From the Publisher :: Step Up to More Than Climate Change
by Fran KortenMay 30, 2007
- YES! Magazine publisher Fran Korten on the great shift in public opinion on global warming.
Latin America Rising::Discussion Guide
by Catherine Bailey, Zach KyleMay 25, 2007
- Conversation starters and article summaries for Democracy: Latin America Leaps Ahead.
UK Camp for Climate Action
by Nick Buxton, Juliette BeckMay 25, 2007
- In it's third year, Climate Camp is a model of participatory, collective organization and sustainable, low-carbon alternatives. Take a peek.
An Invitation from the South
by Sarah van GelderMay 23, 2007
- YES! Magazine executive editor Sarah van Gelder introduces the Summer 2007 issue, 'Democracy: Latin America Leaps Ahead.'
People We Love
May 23, 2007
- YES! Magazine honors distinguished activists and citizens as "People We Love." Sheila Watts-Cloutier, Zimryah Barnes, Dr. Casey KirkHart, Raffi Cavoukian.
En Venezuela, una atmósfera
by Michael FoxMay 22, 2007
- Venezuela pone a la gente pobre a cargo de sus medios de vida, y convierte a las personas sin empleo en dueñas y dueños cooperativos.
Signs of Life
May 22, 2007
- Signs of Life: Small Stories about Big Change. Our Summmer 2007 indicators of a more positive future.
Theme Guide :: Latin America
May 19, 2007
- Stories of change from the bottom up: Latin America shows us the way as dictatorships give way to democracies. After 20 years of stagnation, economies are taking off, and people are rising out of poverty.
Travel in Latin America
May 16, 2007
- How to travel with a conscience in Latin America. From homestay information, to volunteer opportunities, everything you need to know.
Film Resources: Latin America
May 16, 2007
- The YES! team's recommendations for great documentaries and feature films from Latin America to accompany this issue.
Latin America Rising Resource Guide
May 15, 2007
- A selection of groups and organizations from North, Central and South America, as well as on-line journalism and films about the region.
Meningitis B: Cuba's Got the Vaccine—Why Don't We?
by Robert Fortner, MDMay 15, 2007
- A vaccine with proven effectiveness against Meningitis B was developed in Cuba in the 1980s. Since then, 55 million doses have been administered in Cuba and other countries. But not in the U.S.,where outbreaks still kill children. Dr. Robert Fortner, MD, wanted to find out why…
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2007
by Catherine BaileyMay 15, 2007
- Bee loss :: Computer dependency :: Cheery dyed sheep :: Political freshman :: Relative disrespect towards women :: Birth-control, abstinence and sex education :: Worker stress and salaries :: Perceptions of global warming ...
Iraq Veterans, Activists for Peace
by Sarah OlsonMay 11, 2007
- Iraq War veterans Ricky Clousing, Garett Reppenhagen, and Darrell Anderson tell their stories.