Book Review: Alternatives to Economic Globalization
by Wolfgang SachsMar 31, 2003
- Alternatives to Economic Globalization: A Report of the International Forum on Globalization
by Paul StametsMar 31, 2003
- bioremediation using mushrooms, How fungi can cleanse water and toxic spills
High-tech Goes Green
by Ted Smith, Chad RaphaelMar 31, 2003
- Work-related cancers and toxic emissions have eroded the high-tech industry's clean reputation. New European Union rules banning heavy metals and requiring manufacturers to take back discarded computers could set a new global standard
The War Against Ourselves
by Doug RokkeMar 31, 2003
- A career army officer went to the Gulf to bring US soldiers safely through nuclear, chemical, and biological warfare. What he experienced convinced him that war is obsolete an interview with Major Doug Rokke
Principles of Environmental Justice
Mar 31, 2003
- Declaration from the People of Color Environmental Leadership Summit.
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2003
Mar 31, 2003
- Estimated number of times an average American is videotaped per day, and more...
Health Hunger And Hunting
by Jim MinickMar 31, 2003
- a story of a vegetarian who learned how to hunt on his land. He developed his own personal ecology, which included eating locally and responsible hunting.
When Nuclear Plants Close, Infant Deaths And
Childhood Cancers Drop
by Carolyn McConnellMar 31, 2003
- A study of the areas surrounding nuclear power plants has found that rates of infant death and childhood cancer drop dramatically after the plants close. Rates dropped by 17 percent on average, and in one case, infant deaths and childhood cancers dropped by a full 42 percent.
Restoring Nature, Restoring Yourself
by Francesca LymanMar 31, 2003
- A dying man thought he’d spend his last days cleaning a small creek behind his house. Did he save the creek? Or was it the creek that saved him?
Surviving the Great Dying
by Michael LernerMar 31, 2003
- As an era of extinctions unfolds, the dawning understanding of its links to our own health could energize a movement to save us all
Walking Our Talk: the Paper
by Fran KortenMar 31, 2003
- Fran Korten's column, Walking Our Talk.
Detentions Spark Protests
by Pramila JayapalMar 31, 2003
- Immigrant deportions, NSEERS, National Security Entry Exit Registration System, immigrant rights, Pramila Jayapal
Kids And Chemicals
by Elizabeth GuilletteMar 31, 2003
- In one village, kids grew up normally, but nearby, children had trouble catching a ball, drawing a picture, remembering a color. What made the difference?
Keeping the Balance
by Lisa Gale GarriguesMar 31, 2003
- An indigenous people at the tip of South America reclaims health, culture, and the vitality of the land.
The Whispering Is Over
by Nancy EvansMar 31, 2003
- women are mobilizing to find the causes of breast cancer, phase out chemicals that cause cancer, enforce environmental protection laws, eliminate the use of harmful chemicals. The Breast Cancer Fund.