Ben Brandzel / MoveOn's Student
by Elle McPhersonFeb 23, 2006
- MoveOn's Student Action's success is rooted in Brandzel's recognition of the Internet as a powerful organizing and fund-raising tool.
Buster Simpson: Art in Service to
by Dee AxelrodFeb 22, 2006
- Buster Simposon makes sculptures that enhance and explain rather than merely decorate the landscape.
Democracy: the (Re)Claiming of Democracy
by Doug PibelFeb 22, 2006
- In danger of losing their vote and voice, Americans are demanding a return to the founding principles.
A Remembrance of Coretta Scott King
by Rachel HardingFeb 22, 2006
- Coretta Scott King's role not only included her husband’s powerful, radical message of peace and justice, but also the long tradition of gracious and mighty women who provided the foundation of welcome, compassion, inclusivity, and speaking-truth-to-power.
The First U.S. Social Forum
Feb 21, 2006
- How to get involved in the U.S. Social Forum
Global Justice: Another U.S. Is Possible
by Tanya DawkinsFeb 21, 2006
- Organizers of the World Social Forum are planning for a localized conference on U.S. concerns in the summer of 2007. The conference will be held in Atlanta, GA.
Why the Next 10 Years Will Be Nothing Like the Last 10 Years
by Sarah van GelderFeb 21, 2006
- On YES! Magazine's 10th anniversary, we look at trends that are changing our culture, our relationship to the earth, and our sense of self.
Hopis and Greens Win
by Carolyn McConnellFeb 21, 2006
- Hopi fight use of spring water for coal mining and win. A solar installation will also be built.
Thomas Berry / New Cosmologist
by Sarah Ruth van GelderFeb 21, 2006
- Thomas Berry is a priest, a scholar of indigenous spiritual traditions, a cultural historian and a teacher.
New Cosmology: A Great Story—Our Common Story
by K. Lauren de BoerFeb 21, 2006
- Could a story of awe at the unfolding of the universe be a story in which we can all find a home?
Indigenous Power: Indigenous Rights Go Global
by John MohawkFeb 20, 2006
- Indigenous peoples are asserting their moral right to live as distinct communities and reminding us of the power of cooperation with nature.
TV Review: Simple Living with Wanda Urbanska
Feb 20, 2006
Bhutan's Secret for Happiness
by Pamela ChangFeb 19, 2006
- Gross National Happiness is the country's priority.
Cohousing Comes of Age
by Neshama Abraham PaissFeb 19, 2006
- Trends from the growing cohousing movement: commitment to environmental stewardship, continued social/political action, and growth of elder cohousing.
The Good Life: Consumerism is so '90s
by Holly DresselFeb 19, 2006
- In growing numbers, Americans are rediscovering that the real meaning of the good life doesn't come from things they can buy but from things they can feel.