Darfur Genocide is Rwanda in Slow
by David MorseNov 07, 2005
- The Save Darfur Coalition, an alliance of over 100 faith-based, humanitarian and human rights organizations, is spearheading efforts to force action by the U.S. Congress
Half of Americans Mulling
by Doug PibelNov 07, 2005
- An October poll shows a growing number of Americans are looking favorably on the idea of impeaching President George W. Bush.
War on Terror: Coming to Your College
by Valerie DoyleNov 07, 2005
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is funding colleges to include curricula about anti-terrorism
Peace Movement Rallies as War Support Erodes
by Doug PibelNov 07, 2005
- September 24, 2005 saw the first major American antiwar demonstration since the United States invaded Iraq.
Fair trade: for everyone's benefit
by Lilja OttoNov 07, 2005
- The fair trade movement has forged direct, stable, democratic trade relations between producers and consumers
Drop the Debt!
by Lisa Gale GarriguesNov 07, 2005
- Religious organizations from around the world have combined forces to convince international finance organizations to cancel the debt owed by developing nations.
What Can Congregations Do?
by Richard LangNov 07, 2005
- Three steps for congregations towards creating new economic practices of sharing
A Wake-up Call
by Jim WallisNov 07, 2005
- As the Religious Right is declaring a religious war to give their version of faith religious supremacy in America, it is time to take back both our faith and our Constitution.
Why America Needs a Spiritual Progressive
by Michael LernerNov 07, 2005
- Tikkun’s Politics of Meaning proposes a universal spirituality and values not tied to any particular religion but foundational to all religions
95 Theses or Articles of Faith for a Christianity
for the Third Millennium
by Matthew FoxNov 07, 2005
- Like Luther, I present 95 theses or in my case, 95 faith observations drawn from my 64 years of living and practicing religion and spirituality. I trust I am not alone in recognizing these truths. For me they represent a return to our origins, a return to the spirit and the teaching of Jesus and his prophetic ancestors, and of the Christ which was a spirit that Jesus’ presence and teaching unleashed.
The Prophets Versus Empire
by Richard LangOct 31, 2005
- Is it time for Americans to build a culture that rejects empire and adopts the principles of the Jubilee?
An Offer of Unconditional Love
by Jamal RahmanOct 31, 2005
- My grandfather, a Sufi Muslim teacher and healer in northern Bengal, often reminded his students: “If I cannot be compassionate with myself, I cannot truly be compassionate with others,” he said.
Holy Impatience: an interview with Matthew Fox
by Sarah Ruth van GelderOct 31, 2005
- An interview with Matthew Fox. Organized religion needs to get its act together and bring in the feminine, the widom of Sophia. See also his 95 theses.
by Michael NaglerOct 31, 2005
- Spiritual progressives are just starting to understand the power of taking a stand, together.
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2005
Oct 25, 2005
- Average amount each American spends on health care each year: . . .