Is It Time to Close the Prisons Discussion Guide
Sep 30, 2000
- Have you, or has someone close to you, spent time in jail or prison? What was the experience like? How did it change you/them?
by Susan CallanSep 30, 2000
- Eco-design resources for making a green workplace.
Youth Court: Jury of Their Peers
by Edgar S. CahnSep 30, 2000
- The Time Dollar Youth Court in Washington, D.C. for first time juvenile offenders aims to keep first offenders from becoming hardened criminals.
YES! But How? :: Toxins and Pregnancy, Composting in the Cold
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug PibelSep 30, 2000
- Household Chemicals, Worm Bins, and Composting.
Our New Home
by Fran KortenSep 30, 2000
- YES! A Journal of Positive Futures
Food for Life: The Brink of Opportunity
by Hal HamiltonJun 30, 2000
- Industrial agriculture is a parody of the life-sustaining farming practiced over thousands of years. But there are signs of new life.
Resources For Life-Centered Agriculture
by Rik LangendoenJun 30, 2000
- Organizations, ideas, books, and websites on life sustaining gardening, agriculture, and food
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2000
Jun 30, 2000
- Percentage of Americans who would be comfortable buying a used car from George W. Bush, and more...
Book Review - Graceful Simplicity by Jerome Segal, Living Lightly by Walter and Dorothy Schwarz
by John de GraafJun 30, 2000
- Segal shows that now, perhaps for the first time in history, it is possible to create a society where all people can live simply but gracefully, with time for the things that really matter – deep friendships and relationships, a beautiful and clean environment, and freedom from fear and insecurity. All that is needed is the political will.
Film Review - Princess Mononoke Directed by Hayao Miyazaki
by Alan AtKissonJun 30, 2000
Book Review - Many Mountains Moving edited by Naomi Horii and Marilyn Krysl
by H.D. LailJun 30, 2000
Book Review - Communities Directory: A Guide to Intentional Communities and Cooperative Living
by Amy WinchesterJun 30, 2000
Book Review- Believing Cassandra: an optimist looks at a pessimist's world by Alan AtKisson
by Donella MeadowsJun 30, 2000
YES! But How? :: Alternatives to Grass
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug PibelJun 30, 2000
- Ideas for green grass alternatives, fluorescent lights and natural moth repellents. If you're searching for practical ways to live sustainably, just ask us.
A Possible Future: 2010
by Sarah van GelderJun 30, 2000
- YES! A Journal of Positive Futures, summer 2000: food for life, a possible future: 2010, by Sarah Ruth van Gelder