Discussion Guide: Working for Life
Mar 31, 2001
- Discussion Guide for Working for Life, Right Livelihood, YES is a leading-edge quarterly journal magazine published by the nonprofit Positive Futures Network concerned with building a more just, sustainable, and compassionate future
Worker Owned and Local Businesses
by Dan SwinneyMar 31, 2001
- Downsized? Stuck in a cubicle? Here is how some people are creating a livelihood and also building the foundations of a life-sustaining economy.
Martin Luther King's Movement-Building Legacy
by Grace Lee BoggsMar 31, 2001
- The struggle goes far beyond race and rights. We are in the early stages of a new democratic revolutionary movement.
by Bob BlackMar 31, 2001
- Bob Black, Why Work? Examines the stultifying impact of work and jobs and advocates the abolition of most production and the tranformation of work to play.
The Year of Global Protest - "We withdraw our
by Walden BelloMar 31, 2001
- The Year of Global Protest: "We withdraw our consent!" by Walden Bello. Reviews anti-globalization protests and activism following the Seattle WTO demonstrations and considers the process of deligitimization of the institutions of global capitalism.
Dear Doug & Annie :: Follow-ups on Diesel Trucks
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug PibelMar 31, 2001
- Truck vs trailer, Bio-diesel vs petroleum, Alternatives to Bleach, No Mothballs, Bath Oil and Plant Cuttings
Letter from the Editor
by Sarah van GelderOct 27, 2000
- What if instead of pointing fingers, we did some soul searching about how to include in our democratic debates issues that are central to so many people but left out by both parties?
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2001
Oct 27, 2000
- Decrease in the average working vocabulary of a 14-year-old over the last 50 years, and more...
Book Review - Against All Odds by John Rensenbrink
by Patrick MazzaOct 27, 2000
- Book Review - Against All Odds by John Rensenbrink
Book Review - Derailing Democracy: the America
the media doesn't want you to see
by Matt StruckmeyerOct 27, 2000
- Book Review - Derailing Democracy: the America the media doesn't want you to see by Dan McGowan
Review - Bobos in Paradise by David Brooks
by Russell MokhiberOct 27, 2000
- Russel Mokhiber reviews Bobos in Paradise: the Upper Class and How They Got There
The Nexxt Revolutionaries
by Shannon ServiceOct 27, 2000
- the nexxt revolutionaries, by Shannon Service. Stories of youth activists and their campaigns for the earth, for justice, and against globalization.
Veterans of Hope: Ruby Sales
by Ruby SalesOct 27, 2000
- In this Veterans of Hope interview, Ruby Sales tells of her release from prison in Haneyville, Alabama, where she and Jonathan Daniels, a white seminarian, had been registering people to vote.
Bernice Johnson Reagon, Veteran of
by Bernice Johnson ReagonOct 27, 2000
- Freedon's Sacred Dance by Rosemarie Freeney Harding and Vincent Harding, veterans of hope, Bernice Johnson Reagon. The founder of the well-known acappella group, "Sweet Honey in the Rock," tells of finding her voice, in this Veterans of Hope interview.
A Culture Gets Creative
by Sarah van Gelder, Paul RayOct 27, 2000
- Cultural Creatives, by Paul Ray and Sherry Anderson, interview by Sarah van Gelder. Market research and opinion polling by Paul Ray and Sherry Anderson uncover what they call the Cultural Creatives, people committed to a common set of earth-centered values.