A 10-Point Plan to Stop Trump—And Make Gains in Justice and Equality
by George LakeyJan 31, 2017
- The first step? Recognize that we represent the majority.
Winona LaDuke on New Ways to Keep Pipelines Out of the Great Lakes
by Winona LaDukeJan 31, 2017
- The surge of formal opposition to tar sands and fracked oil pipelines shows how Standing Rock resistance has emboldened Great Lakes tribes.
Amid “Muslim Ban” Chaos, Van Jones Sends in His Love Army
by Zenobia JeffriesJan 30, 2017
- Lawyers and protestors took action: “Nobody’s going to fight alone.”
Repealing Obamacare Requires Finding Something Better (Might I Suggest Single-Payer?)
by Mark TrahantJan 30, 2017
- Congress is already slowing down on the promise to end the Affordable Care Act, as the realities of a replacement sink in.
Harry Potter Is Relevant to Fighting Trump—But Not The Way You Think
by Ray StoeveJan 29, 2017
- How to adapt the fictional lessons of the Harry Potter universe to a real-life Voldemort.
“We Don’t Want Your Tiny Hands Anywhere Near Our Underpants”
by Olivia AndersonJan 28, 2017
- How feminist punk bands are igniting the fight against Donald Trump.
5 Ways Indian Country Can Resist Trump’s Chaos
by Mark TrahantJan 28, 2017
- North Dakota’s move to put states in charge of reservations is just one example of the possible nonsense to come. The Trump Era will require new strategies.
10 Films to Keep You Inspired
by Breena KerrJan 27, 2017
- Movies to remind you there’s hope in the fight for justice and equality.
National “Vote by Mail” Could Add Millions of Votes in 2018
by Josh CohenJan 27, 2017
- Laws that caused voter suppression targeted mostly people of color and poor people. But new legislation could fix that.
Tribe Uneasy About Border Surveillance Plans on Their Land
by Tim VanderpoolJan 27, 2017
- Tensions are high on the Tohono O’odham Nation, where Border Patrol has proposed high-tech surveillance towers as part of a sophisticated “virtual wall” system.
Banks Agree to Talk With Tribe (While Handing over Millions for Dakota Access)
by James TrimarcoJan 26, 2017
- Seven banks—including Wells Fargo, TD Bank, and Citibank—will meet with Standing Rock Sioux leaders after months of intense defund-DAPL pressure.
Trump Impeachment Campaign Begins
by James TrimarcoJan 26, 2017
- Never has a modern president so flagrantly violated the Constitution. A constitutional law attorney explains this unprecedented situation in American history—and what we can do about it.
Standing Rock Chairman Demands “Leader to Leader” Meeting With Trump
by Tracy Loeffelholz DunnJan 26, 2017
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers reportedly has been directed to issue the Dakota Access pipeline easement, even though the environmental review is in the middle of a public comment period.
Don’t Let Trump Distract You: Public Comment on DAPL Is Now Open
by Jake TracyJan 25, 2017
- Now until Feb. 20 is the public’s chance to push for a full review of the pipeline’s climate impacts. Here’s what to do.
Surviving at Standing Rock After Trump’s DAPL Order
by Tracy Loeffelholz DunnJan 25, 2017
- Original water protector camp resolves to stay—even as Sioux tribe says no and Trump orders pipeline construction.