This Organic Food Company Doesn’t Discriminate Against Ex-Offenders—It Seeks Them Out
by Olivia AndersonNov 25, 2016
- Lancaster Food Company searches for job applicants who need help getting back on their feet. So far, not one has quit.
20 Ways to Take a Bigger, Louder Stand in the Post-Election World
by Nina M. FloresNov 24, 2016
- Many of us are rekindling our activist spirit knowing that the next four years will require everyone to act.
How Creative Repurposing of Industrial Scrap Is Holding Off a Neighborhood’s Gentrification
by Amanda AbramsNov 24, 2016
- 25-year old Scrap Exchange partners with Durham, North Carolina, residents to build an innovative arts district.
Sheriffs Refuse to Send Troops to Standing Rock as Public Outrage and Costs Mount
by Jenni MonetNov 23, 2016
- North Dakota is stretched thin in its battle to protect the Dakota Access pipeline construction: Costs are nearing $15 million, and police reinforcements are diminishing.
From Across the Country, Gifts of Tiny Houses Arrive for Standing Rock
by Jane Braxton LittleNov 23, 2016
- How five large trees in remote Oregon ended up as winter housing for water protectors, including their first newborn baby.
How Comfort Food Is Getting Me Through These Rough Post-Election Days
by Erin SagenNov 23, 2016
- I’ve learned that when we’re vulnerable, when we’re unsure about the world and our place in it, food is the way back home.
Four Ways to Look at Standing Rock: An Indigenous Perspective
by Kayla DeVaultNov 22, 2016
- In the shadow of the Trump election, I found myself explaining to world climate leaders how to see Standing Rock through an indigenous lens.
How I Stopped Mindlessly Buying Things
by Sarah LazarovicNov 22, 2016
- Stores want me to buy stuff I don’t need. The internet wants me to buy stuff I don’t need. But I finally figured it out.
How to Attempt Racial Healing—Even During a Trump Presidency
by Zenobia JeffriesNov 21, 2016
- America’s past truth and reconciliation processes show us what works.
6 Ways to Take Action in the Calm Before the Trump
by Melissa HellmannNov 21, 2016
- If you think Trump is all talk, consider this: Research shows past presidents have accomplished about 75 percent of what they promised to do during their campaigns.
5 Ways Science Says to Handle Difficult Emotional Situations
by Kira M. NewmanNov 19, 2016
- Resilience practices can help you confront stress and pain more skillfully, starting with finding silver linings.
How a Battle Over Affordable Medicine Helped Kill the TPP
by James TrimarcoNov 18, 2016
- The debate about an exotic new kind of drug delayed the trade deal for years, thanks in part to relentless advocates who stood up to big pharma.
What Standing Rock Needs Obama to Do Quickly—Before Trump Takes Over
by Tom Goldtooth, Annie LeonardNov 18, 2016
- Trump will try to fast-track fossil fuel projects across the country. That makes the final months of President Obama’s term more important than ever.
Please Stop Thinking You’re Better Than Trump Supporters
by Charles EisensteinNov 18, 2016
- We’ve got to stop acting out hate. There is no less of it in the liberal media than there is in the right-wing media. It is just better disguised.
Most Americans Agree: God Granted the U.S. a Special Place in History
by Olivia Anderson, Liza BaylessNov 18, 2016
- And 23 other facts you should know.