Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Can Football Teach Boys Compassion Instead of Aggression? Two Videos Show Us It Can.
by Ariel Cheslerposted Dec 06, 2013
- Two videos making the rounds online show us what happens when boys embrace their vulnerability and support one another's emotional needs.
Photo Essay: Bainbridge Island Museum of Art Joins the Green Museum Movement
by YES! Online Staffposted Dec 06, 2013
- LEED certification is tricky for museums, which must carefully regulate temperature and humidity. That makes this brand new building in small-town Washington all the more remarkable.
Can this Small College in Maryland Pass the Fairest Wage Policy in US Academia?
by Caroline Selleposted Dec 05, 2013
- An initiative developed by staff, students, and faculty would tie the earnings of the school's highest-paid employees to those of the lowest.
Infographic: Michael Pollan Says Home Cooking Might be the Single Best Way to Improve Your Health
by Doug Pibelposted Dec 05, 2013
- We spend less time in the kitchen than ever. But cooking could be an important solution to our public health crisis.
The Movement to Live More Simply Is Older Than You Think
by Roman Krznaricposted Dec 05, 2013
- What might history teach us about living more simple, less consumerist lifestyles?
How The King of Portland's Deli Scene Cured His Diabetes Through Diet (and Kept the Pastrami)
by Ken Gordonposted Dec 04, 2013
- When this foodie chef was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, he figured out how to get healthy without giving up his favorite foods.
We Know Who Stole the Economy—National People’s Action Moves to Take It Back
by David Kortenposted Dec 03, 2013
- "Listen to and work with your base to create a shared, big-picture narrative."
The Facts Are In: Austerity Politics Doesn't Work
by Sally Kohnposted Dec 03, 2013
- From England's double-dip recession to Portugal's spiking unemployment, there is now conclusive evidence of the complete failure of austerity.
Limited Time Offer: Get the Free Digital Edition of Food for Everyone
posted Dec 01, 2013
- Get the complete digital edition of our Food for Everyone issue when you shop or donate at the YES! store.
Facing Ourselves: The Climate Challenge Needs a New Kind of Bravery
by YES! online staffposted Nov 28, 2013
- Before fighting climate change, we must first confront our emotions about it.
StoryCorps: On Black Friday, Don’t Shop For Loved Ones—Listen to Them
by Natalie Lubsenposted Nov 28, 2013
- Finish out the holiday week by taking a few minutes to record the story of someone you love. We guarantee it will mean more to you than shopping.
Veggies at the Liquor Store—and 5 Other Ways to Bring Food to Your Community
by Shannan Stollposted Nov 27, 2013
- Out-of-the-box ideas for putting healthier food on our neighborhood plates—and make friends doing it.
These 4 Black Friday Send-Ups Remind Us to Keep Laughing, Not Shopping
by Erin Sagenposted Nov 27, 2013
- Think the "biggest shopping day of the year" has become too depraved to be funny? Let Louis C.K., Seinfeld, and South Park transform your anxiety into hilarity.
How I Got My Husband to Take Care of His Body (Even Though He Just Wants to Take Care of Me)
by Shannon Hayesposted Nov 27, 2013
- If it takes being a "controlling wife" to make my husband value his own health over his love for his family, I'm going to do it.
This New Bill Could Put 2,500 More People In Prison: Meet the Organization Trying to Stop It
by Nur Laljiposted Nov 27, 2013
- "Violence is not simply shooting people. Violence is also poverty. It's also incarceration—putting people in prison is incredibly violent."