Cleveland: Community Action Turns the Rust Belt Green
by Ed D'AmatoMay 10, 2006
- The collective power of individual efforts has helped the entire community realize its potential to thrive by, as Eco-City Cleveland’s director David Beach says, "creating a green city on a blue lake."
Discussion Guide: 5,000 Years of Empire – Ready for a Change?
by Carolyn McConnellMay 09, 2006
- Questions such as: What makes you anxious about the future? What is different now from your expectations growing up? Have you ever experienced a time when a new story helped defuse a conflict? What was it about the story that reduced conflict?
Surviving Hard Times: It's not for sissies
by John MohawkMay 09, 2006
- Hopi and Iroquois prophecies draw on long cultural memories, offering practical approaches to surviving hard times.
Portrait of a Perfect Economic
by David KortenMay 08, 2006
- Graphics showing climate change, financial meltdown and peak oil
Entrepreneurs of cooperation
by Jonathan RoweMay 08, 2006
- After the 1929 crash, workers created a cooperative economy, using industrial leftovers and ingenuity. It was called the Unemployed Exchange Association or UXA. What could we do with that cooperative model today?
The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community
by David KortenMay 08, 2006
- How will future generations remember our time? As the time when climate chaos, peak oil, and an unstable global economy unraveled society? Or as the time of a Great Turning?
Peak oil preview: North Korea & Cuba
by Dale Jiajun WenMay 05, 2006
- Cuba survived much more comfortably than North Korea after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the consequent diminished oil supply. The government reaction of both countries is examined as a precursor to Peak Oil throughout the world.
95 Tesis o Artículos de Fe para un Cristianismo
del Tercer Milenio
by Matthew FoxMay 04, 2006
- 95 Tesis o Artículos de Fe para un Cristianismo del Tercer Milenio, por Matthew Fox
YES! But How? :: Eco-friendly Party
by Daina Saib, Lilja OttoMay 04, 2006
- How to throw a sustainable party, finding grass-fed beef and the real, environmental cost of transportation.
Shout "VIVA!" Anyhow: On Being Black at a Latino March
by Van JonesMay 04, 2006
- Van Jones marches in the San Francisco "Day Without Immigrants" demonstration on behalf of brown power, and muses about the current state of the black civil rights movement.
In Iraq: A Place To Be Human, First
by Bill WeinbergMay 03, 2006
- They don't like the occupation or the militias, and they aren't signing up for any political or religious faction. Instead, these Iraqis are claiming the space to live with their neighbors in peace.
What's Your Cultural Proficiency?
by The Cultural Proficiency GroupMay 03, 2006
- A tool to assess how you and the groups you work with respond to difference.
Can Soap Operas Save the World?
by Carol EstesMay 02, 2006
- In some battle-fatigued areas, soap operas have become a path to healing.
Inviting Immigrants Out of the Shadows
by Oscar A Chacón, Amy Shannon, Sarah AndersonMay 01, 2006
- How can undocumented workers come out of the shadows into an active work life in the US?
Alternatives to a Wall
by Oscar A. Chacón, Amy Shannon, Sarah AndersonMay 01, 2006
- What effect do globalization trade policies have on illegal immigration in the US?