Why the Next 10 Years Will Be Nothing Like the Last 10 Years
by Sarah van GelderFeb 21, 2006
- On YES! Magazine's 10th anniversary, we look at trends that are changing our culture, our relationship to the earth, and our sense of self.
Hopis and Greens Win
by Carolyn McConnellFeb 21, 2006
- Hopi fight use of spring water for coal mining and win. A solar installation will also be built.
Thomas Berry / New Cosmologist
by Sarah Ruth van GelderFeb 21, 2006
- Thomas Berry is a priest, a scholar of indigenous spiritual traditions, a cultural historian and a teacher.
New Cosmology: A Great Story—Our Common Story
by K. Lauren de BoerFeb 21, 2006
- Could a story of awe at the unfolding of the universe be a story in which we can all find a home?
Indigenous Power: Indigenous Rights Go Global
by John MohawkFeb 20, 2006
- Indigenous peoples are asserting their moral right to live as distinct communities and reminding us of the power of cooperation with nature.
TV Review: Simple Living with Wanda Urbanska
Feb 20, 2006
Bhutan's Secret for Happiness
by Pamela ChangFeb 19, 2006
- Gross National Happiness is the country's priority.
Cohousing Comes of Age
by Neshama Abraham PaissFeb 19, 2006
- Trends from the growing cohousing movement: commitment to environmental stewardship, continued social/political action, and growth of elder cohousing.
The Good Life: Consumerism is so '90s
by Holly DresselFeb 19, 2006
- In growing numbers, Americans are rediscovering that the real meaning of the good life doesn't come from things they can buy but from things they can feel.
Art: For the Common Delight
by Dee AxelrodFeb 19, 2006
- Art today gives voice to the silenced, illuminates complex political issues, and brings joy to the public square.
The City that is Ending Hunger
by Elle McPhersonFeb 19, 2006
- In Belo Horizonte, Brazil, access to food is a right of citizenship
Food Revolution: Americans Lose their Appetite for Anonymous Food
by Brian HalweilFeb 19, 2006
- Why are farmers’ markets, community supported agriculture, direct farm-to-household marketing, organics, and humanely raised meats all on the increase?
New Awareness: A New (and Ancient) Understanding of Who We Are
by Fran KortenFeb 17, 2006
- Human beings are becoming aware for a second time that we are not the central inhabitants of the Earth.
Discussion Guide for 10 Hopeful Trends
by Carolyn McConnellFeb 17, 2006
- Questions such as: As you look back on the last 10 years and forward to the next, what do you fear? What do you hope for? What has the last decade meant in your life? What do you expect from the next decade?
Christians March on Guantanamo
by Elle McPhersonFeb 17, 2006
- A group calling itself "witness against torture" travels to Guantanamo to protest alleged torture of prisoners by the US government.