Most Recent from YES! Magazine
A Quick Resource Guide
posted Aug 07, 2006
- Audio, video and reference book resources for taking action on community and national health care reform.
Indigenous People Open Summit to Preserve Sacred Mountain
by Brian Cisnerosposted Aug 04, 2006
- On the first day of the Summit of Nations, attention is paid to an endangered mountain in the South Dakota badlands and a discussion of key issues.
Has Canada Got the Cure?
by Holly Dresselposted Aug 04, 2006
- The United States pays far more than Canada per capita for its health care services, yet Canadians get better care, according to various experts.
Americans Speak on Health Care
posted Aug 03, 2006
- The Citizens’ Health Care Working Group solicited opinions regarding health care and prepared a report to Congress and the President.
American Health Care: A System to Die For
posted Aug 03, 2006
- A visual map of health care articles in the Fall 2006 issue.
War at Home: The Seattle Shootings
by Paul Rogat Loebposted Aug 02, 2006
- No moral argument can justify the Seattle shootings. Suicide bombings and the firing of rockets at civilian populations in Israel are equally contemptuous of innocent lives. But the question isn't about justifications. It's how to stop future violence.
Considering the Crisis
posted Jul 21, 2006
- Suggested Reading for "How Likely Is Collapse"
Health Care: It's What Ails Us
by Doug Pibel, Sarah van Gelderposted Jul 19, 2006
- Americans spend the most, get the least, and have no health care security. The solution is not that difficult.
Crisis Is Opportunity
by Rob Cornellposted Jul 14, 2006
- Math Teacher Rob Cornell Tells Corvallis High School Graduates to Keep on Thinking
We are Farmers Not Gardeners
by Roberto Dr. Cintli Rodriguezposted Jul 06, 2006
- South Central Los Angeles farmers evicted after years of harvests from a community farm maintain their protest weeks after its last occupants have been removed by sheriff deputies.
Notes from Underground
posted Jun 21, 2006
- Reviews of Mycelium Running: How Mushrooms Can Save the World, Global Class War, Healthy Money, Healthy Planet, Home Enlightenment and Independent America.
An Interpretation of Life
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Jun 13, 2006
- Frances Moore Lappe visits North-Central Italy to learn how cooperatives have succeeded in driving the local economy
Men, War, and Families
by Robert F. Johnson, Gordon Mustainposted Jun 05, 2006
- Two poems by veterans who recall the effect of military combat on their own lives.
Bolivian Coca Workers Cheer "Social and Cultural Revolution"
by Juliette Beckposted Jun 01, 2006
- Hugo Chavez and Cuban vice president help Morales stir troops for upcoming Constituent Assembly election.
A Tree Sitting -- In South Central LA?
by Van Jonesposted May 30, 2006
- Protesters climb trees in South Central Los Angeles in an attempt to block the construction of a warehouse at the site of an urban farm that serves hundreds of area residents.