Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Free Airtime For Political
by Paul Taylorposted Dec 31, 2002
- campaign finance reform and free airtime for candidates
Put Some Heart Into It: Spirit in Action
by Linda Stoutposted Dec 31, 2002
- Spirit in Action: Create a collective vision; Take time for community, and bring spirit into our work for change.
by Micah Sifryposted Dec 31, 2002
- clean elections: How can we rid our election system of the corrupting influence of big money and welcome in third parties?
Earth Democracy - an interview with Vandana Shiva
by Sarah Ruth van Gelder, Vandana Shivaposted Dec 31, 2002
- an interview with Vandana Shiva, about seed saving, cultural insecurity, economic insecurity in India, hope
Watching the Watchers
by Megan Rowlingposted Dec 31, 2002
- Surveillance Camera Players, SCP, retaining privacy, Street Performances challenging surveillance technologies
Resource Guide for Democracy
posted Dec 31, 2002
- Living Economies resource guide
Young, Wealthy, Committed
by Jacqueline Prattposted Dec 31, 2002
- What happens when young activists inherit a fortune? Some of them have come together to find ways to use their wealth to bring about a world in which wealth is shared. Making Money Make Change
Women, Citizenship, and the End of
by Hilkka Pietilaposted Dec 31, 2002
- Nordic welfare society, Finland, Martha Organization,
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2003
posted Dec 31, 2002
- Increase in memory retention of gum-chewers over non-chewers during testing, and more...
by Carolyn McConnellposted Dec 31, 2002
- voting is the bottom line to democracy, deliberative poll , neighborhood meetings, James Fishkin and Bruse Ackerman propose "Deliberation Day.
The Talking Circle
by Manitonquatposted Dec 31, 2002
- talking circles in prisons, breaking the cycle of violence, ending violent crime
Porto Alegre's Budget Of, By, And For the
by David Lewitposted Dec 31, 2002
- The people of Porto alegre, Brazil, get to decide how to spend their city's budget, and the benefits are evident in neighborhoods rich and poor.
Belgium Leads Push for US Regime
by Phil Lebovitsposted Dec 31, 2002
- Political Satire by Phil Lebovits
Voices from the Valley
by Jonathan Lawsonposted Dec 31, 2002
- KDNA Radio Cadena: radio for the Latino community
Keep Moving On
by Fran Kortenposted Dec 31, 2002
- We're big enough to hold the terrible and the possible in our hearts at the same time.