Fair trade: for everyone's benefit
by Lilja OttoNov 07, 2005
- The fair trade movement has forged direct, stable, democratic trade relations between producers and consumers
Drop the Debt!
by Lisa Gale GarriguesNov 07, 2005
- Religious organizations from around the world have combined forces to convince international finance organizations to cancel the debt owed by developing nations.
What Can Congregations Do?
by Richard LangNov 07, 2005
- Three steps for congregations towards creating new economic practices of sharing
A Wake-up Call
by Jim WallisNov 07, 2005
- As the Religious Right is declaring a religious war to give their version of faith religious supremacy in America, it is time to take back both our faith and our Constitution.
Why America Needs a Spiritual Progressive
by Michael LernerNov 07, 2005
- Tikkun’s Politics of Meaning proposes a universal spirituality and values not tied to any particular religion but foundational to all religions
95 Theses or Articles of Faith for a Christianity
for the Third Millennium
by Matthew FoxNov 07, 2005
- Like Luther, I present 95 theses or in my case, 95 faith observations drawn from my 64 years of living and practicing religion and spirituality. I trust I am not alone in recognizing these truths. For me they represent a return to our origins, a return to the spirit and the teaching of Jesus and his prophetic ancestors, and of the Christ which was a spirit that Jesus’ presence and teaching unleashed.
The Prophets Versus Empire
by Richard LangOct 31, 2005
- Is it time for Americans to build a culture that rejects empire and adopts the principles of the Jubilee?
An Offer of Unconditional Love
by Jamal RahmanOct 31, 2005
- My grandfather, a Sufi Muslim teacher and healer in northern Bengal, often reminded his students: “If I cannot be compassionate with myself, I cannot truly be compassionate with others,” he said.
Holy Impatience: an interview with Matthew Fox
by Sarah Ruth van GelderOct 31, 2005
- An interview with Matthew Fox. Organized religion needs to get its act together and bring in the feminine, the widom of Sophia. See also his 95 theses.
by Michael NaglerOct 31, 2005
- Spiritual progressives are just starting to understand the power of taking a stand, together.
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2005
Oct 25, 2005
- Average amount each American spends on health care each year: . . .
Resurrect New Orleans: A Better City Is Possible
by Van JonesOct 07, 2005
- The best qualities and the worst features of U.S. society were on full display in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. And today we are still witnessing a frenzied tug-of-war between opposing aspects of the American character—with the final fate of New Orleans hanging in the balance.
Aging Better by Moving Smarter
by Carolyn McConnellOct 04, 2005
- Tai chi for seniors
Organic Produce Goes to School
by Rebecca ClarrenOct 04, 2005
- Farmers are struggling to stay on the land. Meanwhile, obesity is epidemic among U.S. children. A movement is creating a solution to both problems by linking schools to sources of local organic produce. The kids don’t seem to miss the deep fryers.
Indicator: Saudis Warn of Oil Shortfall
by Carolyn McConnellOct 04, 2005
- Saudi Arabia is privately warning European and U.S. energy officials that the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) can�t meet the world�s projected demand for oil