Voters Raise Minimum Wage
by Carolyn McConnellMay 05, 2005
- Florida and Nevada will require minimum wage to rise automatically with inflation.
Yes Men Strike Again
by Darrin burgessMay 05, 2005
Communities Create Their Own Stores
by Megan TadyMay 05, 2005
- Not just local, but community-owned stores are starting up in Ely, Nevada, Middlebury Vermont, Swanville, Minnesota and more.
Uruguay Rejects Water Privatization
by Lisa Gale GarriguesMay 05, 2005
- Through a national referendum, Uraguay had become the first country to outlaw water privatization by direct democracy and to declare water a “constitutional right.”
In Search of the Beautiful
by Fran KortenMay 05, 2005
- I still believe that we are capable of moving beyond the simplicity of “good people and bad people,” and that we can overcome our racism and arrogance to work with others of all colors and cultures to make a better world for everyone. And I’m still basing my life on that belief.
Don't Get Even - Get Odd!
by Swami BeyondanandaApr 26, 2005
- no comment - a humorous look at history getting even
Book Review: No More Throw-away People by Edgar Cahn
by David BollierApr 26, 2005
- No More Throwaway People is a provocative analysis of the non-market economy and an inspiration for the social service community.
Book Review: The Boiling Point by Ross Gelbspan
by K C GoldenApr 26, 2005
- The science of global warming, and the dream of the "World Energy Modernization Plan" are two issues covered in the book
Giving for Long-Term Recovery
by Fran KortenApr 26, 2005
- How to Give Money for Tsunami Relief
Resource Guide for Just, Green, Beautiful Communities
by Lisa KundratApr 22, 2005
- Websites, books and organizations providing sustainable design tools, networks for change, resources for advancing equity, and improving schools.
Film Review: The Take and Argentina: Hope in Hard Times
by Lisa Gale GarriguesApr 18, 2005
- Lisa Gale Garrigues reviews two films about Argentina during the economic crisis of 2002. Both films offer lessons in what ordinary people can do.
Farmworkers Score Victory Against the Bell
by Hannah SassamanApr 14, 2005
- Under an agreement between the Coalition of Immokalee Workers and Taco Bell, workers will receive one cent more per pound of tomatoes picked
Apr 13, 2005
- Dr. Seuss' Wisdom, Brit Tzedek Grows, More on the Good Life, Film Connection, Stay Positive
Media Hero: Juan Gonzalez
by Anthony LappeApr 13, 2005
- New York Daily News reporter and Democracy Now! co-host, and president of National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
Apr 13, 2005
- Labor's Contribution Omitted, A Cell with a View, Nuclear is Not Sustainable Energy, Greenwashing China, Working for our Community