Mapping Social Patterns
by Myron OrfieldSep 08, 2005
- Regional equity advocates are using GIS mapping tools to increase their impact
West Oakland Gets Fresh
by Jodi Helmer, Carolyn McConnellSep 08, 2005
- Teenagers bring fresh produce to vacant lots of West Oakland neighborhoods.
The Folk Rock On: Utah Phillips
by Utah Phillips, Dee AxelrodSep 02, 2005
At the Mercy of Strangers
by Wendy LustbaderAug 29, 2005
- What would you ask of the people who will care for you when you are unable to care for yourself?
Ten Reasons Young People Should Care About Social
by Rock the VoteAug 29, 2005
The Dos and Don'ts of Social Security
by Amy ChasanovAug 29, 2005
- What can we do to fix social security without destroying it?
Retirement Crisis, Real or Imagined? Moral and
Economic Questions on Social Security
by Gar AlperovitzAug 29, 2005
- Social security privatization, the collapse of private pensions, low rates of savings -- what should we do?
Can Elders Save the World
by Rabbi Zalman Schachter-ShalomiAug 29, 2005
- This is no time to be wasting the talents and wisdom of elders.
Supporting the Young People Who Just Say No
by Larry KerschnerAug 19, 2005
- How to counter the military recruitment of young people.
7 Ways to Keep Your Marbles
by Jeanette FranksAug 19, 2005
- Tactics to live a long healthy life.
Where Will I Live When I Get Older?
by Carolyn McConnellAug 15, 2005
- Green House Project replaces nursing homes.
Of, By and For Seniors: Japanese Seniors Co-operatives
by Robert MarshallAug 15, 2005
- Japanese families are getting smaller while the ranks of the aged are growing. A co-operative has stepped into this vacuum, connecting thousands of elders who have something to give and something to receive.
Parenting: The Sequel
by Steve and Rita Old Coyote, Dee AxelrodAug 15, 2005
- These grandparents bring savvy and compassion to the task of raising another generation
Operation Homecoming: How to End the Iraq
by Erik LeaverAug 15, 2005
- U.S. public opinion is turning against continued occupation of Iraq. But how might we extract ourselves?
Letter from the Editor
by Sarah Ruth van GelderAug 15, 2005
- We need each other across generations. And in this time of mounting crises, we need our elders to act as elders and take a stand for the next seven genertions.