The Green Belt Movement :: The Story of Wangari Maathai
by Mia MacDonaldMar 25, 2005
- Wangari Maathai, founder of Kenya's Green Belt Movement, recently won the Nobel Peace Prize. Her message: Peace is founded in healthy ecosystems, access to natural resources, and democracy.
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2005
Mar 25, 2005
- Weight of the moose that ran off a cliff in Norway and landed on Leo Henriksen’s Mazda. . .
Who's the Expert
by Julie HollarMar 24, 2005
- Diversity of On-air sources for news broadcasts
The Guerrilla News Network
by Anna LappeMar 24, 2005
- What is the Gerrilla News Network?
Speaking for Ourselves
by Malkia Cyril, Taishi DuchicelaMar 24, 2005
- Young people in Oakland wanted to talk about real solutions to the poverty, racism, and powerlessness that they grew up with—but all the city’s hip-hop radio station offered was violence and mind-numbing entertainment
Remain Firm, Clear, Compassionate
by Thich Nhat HanhMar 23, 2005
- Our country, our government is us and it needs our help
The Work Ahead: Start a Dialogue; Take a Stand
by Reverend Robert W. EdgarMar 23, 2005
- National Council of Churches is rolling out study materials on the current state of world affairs.
The Work Ahead: Make Time for Bread and Roses
by John de GraafMar 23, 2005
- Take Back Your Time. We need more time for the things that matter most.
The Work Ahead: Challenge Low-Wage Globalization
by David FosterMar 23, 2005
- What is the work ahead? We need to have an economic message that challenges the destructive force of the global economy.
The Work Ahead: Set an Agenda with a Future
by Medea BenjaminMar 23, 2005
- What is the work ahead?
The Work Ahead: Build the Alliances
by David KortenMar 16, 2005
- Create a non-party political movement with an agenda grounded in a vision of a just and sustainable future for all.
The Work Ahead: Adopt the Language of Hope
by Roberto Dr. Cintli RodriguezMar 16, 2005
- If we want peace, if we don’t want to live with regrets and in despair, then we must adopt not the language of fear, but the language of hope and dreams. To invoke a Puerto Rican expression: pa’lante. Forward.
The Work Ahead: A New Strategic Vision for Progressives
by Jesse L. Jackson JrMar 16, 2005
- Progressives need to take the time to create and articulate a vision that will withstand the test of time and transcend two-, four- and six-year election cycles.
The Work Ahead: Speak out for the world our kids will live in.
by Jonathan RoweMar 16, 2005
- Learn to use language that is clear and strong.
The Work Ahead: Create Community
by Frances Moore LappeMar 16, 2005
- Frame the issues: Americans are ready for a far more powerful frame grounded in what we intuitively know—that we are all in this together. We call it the “strong communities” frame.