Ten Reasons Young People Should Care About Social
by Rock the VoteAug 29, 2005
The Dos and Don'ts of Social Security
by Amy ChasanovAug 29, 2005
- What can we do to fix social security without destroying it?
Retirement Crisis, Real or Imagined? Moral and
Economic Questions on Social Security
by Gar AlperovitzAug 29, 2005
- Social security privatization, the collapse of private pensions, low rates of savings -- what should we do?
Can Elders Save the World
by Rabbi Zalman Schachter-ShalomiAug 29, 2005
- This is no time to be wasting the talents and wisdom of elders.
Supporting the Young People Who Just Say No
by Larry KerschnerAug 19, 2005
- How to counter the military recruitment of young people.
7 Ways to Keep Your Marbles
by Jeanette FranksAug 19, 2005
- Tactics to live a long healthy life.
Where Will I Live When I Get Older?
by Carolyn McConnellAug 15, 2005
- Green House Project replaces nursing homes.
Of, By and For Seniors: Japanese Seniors Co-operatives
by Robert MarshallAug 15, 2005
- Japanese families are getting smaller while the ranks of the aged are growing. A co-operative has stepped into this vacuum, connecting thousands of elders who have something to give and something to receive.
Parenting: The Sequel
by Steve and Rita Old Coyote, Dee AxelrodAug 15, 2005
- These grandparents bring savvy and compassion to the task of raising another generation
Operation Homecoming: How to End the Iraq
by Erik LeaverAug 15, 2005
- U.S. public opinion is turning against continued occupation of Iraq. But how might we extract ourselves?
Letter from the Editor
by Sarah Ruth van GelderAug 15, 2005
- We need each other across generations. And in this time of mounting crises, we need our elders to act as elders and take a stand for the next seven genertions.
YES! But How? :: Paint Job
Aug 15, 2005
- Safe Painting, Spam, Vegetable Oil Soap, Aprovecho Stoves
YES! But How? :: Lumber Certification
Aug 15, 2005
- Lumber Certification, Water Temperature for Hand Dishwashing, Recycling Electronics, Organic Food
Discussion Guide for Respecting Elders, Becoming Elders
Aug 09, 2005
- Questions like: • What would you need to do to enter elderhood? What could your community do to support you in making that transition? • Do you have an older person you admire and would like to be like? What makes this person a model for you?
What Is Old Age For?
by William ThomasAug 05, 2005
- It turns out there is a reason humans live decades after our reproductive years end, a reason obscured by reference to "the golden years" and endless products designed to keep us young. The truth is we need our elders to be elders.