Aug 10, 2004
- Ten of our favorite simple ways to cut oil dependence.
Bringing Biodiesel from Colorado to Colombia
by Brian EdstromAug 10, 2004
- When Andrew Azman, age 21, brought biodiesel to the University of Colorado, he didn’t imagine how far this project would take him.
Getting There on Less
by Guy DaunceyAug 10, 2004
- How might we get around with less oil? Here’s a 12-step program to kick our addiction to gas guzzling.
The End of Ancient Sunlight
by Thom HartmannAug 10, 2004
- There are good reasons to move away from dependence on oil — war and climate change are among them. Then there’s the fact that oil extraction is about to peak, and we don’t have a plan for a world of diminishing oil supplies.
Educating for Eco-Justice in an Era of Ecological Uncertainty
by Chet A. BowersAug 08, 2004
- The following paper was written by Chet A. Bowers, Adjunct Professor of Environmental Studies, at the University of Oregon. Professor Bowers’ most recent books include The Culture of Denial (1997); Let Them Eat Data (2000); and Educating for Eco-Justice and Community (2001); and Detras de la Apariencia: Hacia la Descolonizacion de la Educacion (2002).
Into-Through-Beyond: a lesson-planning framework for using YES! in the classroom
by Kim Corrigan, Bob DaviesAug 08, 2004
- A brief outline of well-known planning technique that can help teachers make YES! content more meaningful, applicable and interesting to their students. Along with sharing the technique, we also provide an example of using it with a YES! article, and then offer some specific guidelines for effective curriculum planning.
Renewing the American Experiment
by David KortenAug 04, 2004
- This is our opportunity to join with all the world’s people and nations in a cooperative effort to realize the ideals of liberty, justice and opportunity for all people everywhere. This work calls us to a national dialogue in search of valid and uplifting answers to crucial questions in stories with the power to redefine our national political discourse and lead us to a new sense of national purpose.
Resource Guide: Can We Live Without Oil?
Jul 27, 2004
- Books and website listings that deal with alternatives to oil, and conservation. energy efficiency and renewable energy/fuels, alternative transportation, understanding the problem with oil
Your Stories of the Good Life
Jul 20, 2004
- The World in One Neighborhood, how to live the good life, examples of six different ways
Resources for the Good Life
Jul 20, 2004
- Resources for the Good Life - family and simple living, finding time, food and the good life, community and commons
by Stephen SilhaJul 20, 2004
- The Village Building Convergence. A sunflower painted across an intersection. A solar-powered fountain. A corner tea kiosk. Portlanders are taking over their streets and teaching city officials to love “city repair.”
Mother of Exiles
by Pramila JayapalJul 20, 2004
- In the U.S. today, immigrants are taking the blame for everything from environmental stresses to terrorism to the poor job market. What’s at stake for all of us in this debate?
Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
by Vicki RobinJul 18, 2004
- Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
Book Review - A Human Being Died That Night: a South African Story of Forgiveness
by Leah SamuelJul 18, 2004
Book review - Global Woman: Nannies, Maids, And Sex Workers In the New Economy
by Robin BroadJul 18, 2004