Financiando la Esperanza
by Tracy Fernandez Rysavy, Pnanjali MascarenhasFeb 11, 2007
How Films Can Inspire Us to Action
Feb 08, 2007
- A special YES! Magazine graphic showing how to use documentaries to inspire activism.
Documentaries: Ready, Set ... Action
by Joseph Huff-HannonFeb 06, 2007
- Documentaries could be just another form of entertainment. But some activists and filmmakers are teaming up to use film to change the world.
Building an Economy Based on Trust
by Ted WhiteFeb 06, 2007
- Ted White shows how we can initiate ways to believe in and trust, rather than fear, each other. Let's start a trust-based economy.
In Oaxaca, Women Rise
by John GiblerFeb 06, 2007
- Putting their personal lives on hold, women in the Mexican state of Oaxaca helped shut down the government, took over a TV station, and stood up to police violence.
Yes. We're Ready: Human Rights Advocacy
by Larry Cox, Dorothy ThomasFeb 06, 2007
- Human rights are a powerful tool to break barriers, unite people in common cause, and show us the way to justice within and beyond our borders. Activists across the country are defining a new patriotism.
by Jesse WegmanFeb 06, 2007
- The drive to punishment is making us forget that prisoners have a right to be heard.
Education, by Rights
by Liz Sullivan, Cecilia BlewerFeb 06, 2007
- Teach the Children: How do we build a school system that serves the needs of all students? Human rights provides a solid foundation.
Who's Afraid of Economic Rights?
by Carol EstesFeb 06, 2007
- Invisible Rights: We'll protect your right to vote. But not to eat. Economic human rights are in the Universal Declaration, but not in the U.S.
Check Your Rights at the Border
by Justin Akers ChaconFeb 06, 2007
- Economic globalization is driving workers north. They increasingly leave their rights at the border.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Feb 06, 2007
- In 1948, the world agreed on rights that belong to everyone. This Magna Carta for humanity sets a high bar that few governments clear.
We Can Turn it Around
by Doug PibelFeb 06, 2007
- The U.S. led the world on human rights. As it loses its way, we're the ones to bring it back.
Abraham a sus Descendientes: "¡Basta
by Sarah van GelderJan 31, 2007
- Una mesa redonda con Sarah van Gelder: un rabino, un pastor y un imán, reunidos por el 9/11 y lo que siguió, descubren nuevas profundidades espirituales a partir de su diálogo y amistad.
En los Negocios por la Vida
by Judy WicksJan 31, 2007
- La propietaria del Café Perro Blanco nos describe la construcción de un negocio... y un movimiento nacional.
La Economía de la Vida
by Regina GregoryJan 31, 2007
- Una economía que funcionó para los Isleños del Pacífico durante miles de años tiene algo que enseñarnos sobre como vivir hoy.