by Richard DouthwaiteSep 30, 2002
- JAK interest free bank in Sweden
Discussion Guide for Living Economies
Sep 30, 2002
- Questions like: How have corporations affected life for you or your community? Have you had experiences of elements of a local living economy being created or restored? What worked for you? What didn't? What actions can you take as an individual or a participant in a political movement to restore your own community?
Unleashing Our Hidden Wealth
by Edgar CahnSep 30, 2002
- Time Dollars and tutoring. No More Throwaway People, Time Dollar exchange for computers, Englewood schools
Trying To Do Right
by Victor BremsonSep 30, 2002
- Chain stores vs local business, maquladora, local living economies, Are the cheap goods worth the price?
Journey To a New America
by Grace Lee BoggsSep 30, 2002
- Grace Boggs writes a Journey to a New America, who are "we the people?"
Pieces of the Puzzle
by Jill BamburgSep 30, 2002
- The story of Burlington Vermont, Will Raap, Gardener's Supply company, Intervale foundation, Burlington Legacy Project, Bernie Saunders, and how Burlington became one of America's most sustainable communities.
YES! But How? :: Noxious Weeds
Sep 30, 2002
- Eco-friendly household hints and helps for eradicating noxious weeds, choosing between cloth and disposable diapers, and dealing with candle soot damage.
Turning the Sword
by Milenko MatanovicJun 30, 2002
- Is art for museums and collectors, or does it belong in the streets? Could art help us turn away from mass–produced violence and ugliness, and give each of us ways to forge an imaginative and beautiful future?
Letter from the Editor
by Sarah Ruth van GelderJun 30, 2002
- Our community gatherings, dances, film festivals, and music performances, can be revolutionary acts. They help us discover and manifest our own dreams for the future and allow us to take the first steps toward making those dreams a reality.
Not in My Brother's Name
by Carolyn McConnellJun 30, 2002
- Does the suffering of September 11 justify US military attacks? Some families of victims are saying no to more violence and yes to peace.
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2002
Jun 30, 2002
- Number of hot dogs eaten annually at US major league baseball games, and more...
Book Review: Having Faith: An Ecologist's Journey To Motherhood by Sandra Steingraber
by Elise MillerJun 30, 2002
- Steingraber takes Rachel CarsonÕs Silent Spring a step further by turning her scientific gaze inward at the budding new life in her own womb.
Film Review - In the Light of the Sacred by Christopher McLeod and Malinda Maynor
by Timothy IistowanohpataakiiwaJun 30, 2002
Book Review - The Divine Right of Capital by Marjorie Kelly
by Jonathan RoweJun 30, 2002
Nonviolent Soldier of Islam: Badshah Khan, a Man To Match His Mountains
by Michael N. NaglerJun 30, 2002
- A review of the book about the world’s first nonviolent army, called by Abdul Ghaffar (Badshah) Khan, who had joined Gandhi to lead his fellow Muslims in the struggle against British colonialism.