There is no Basis for War
by Phyllis BennisMar 05, 2003
- Talking points created for United for Peace and Justice. We cannot accept the legitimacy of killing potentially hundreds of thousands of Iraqis to prevent an unknown speculative future threat.
10 Questions Americans Are Asking as the US Government Prepares for War
by Carolyn McConnell, Kim CorriganMar 05, 2003
- Ten questions Americans are asking in the run-up to war with Iraq.
Speaking for Justice
by Pramila JayapalDec 31, 2002
- Sikhs, Somalis, Arabs, Latinos, people whose lives have changed since September 11, 2001, gather in Seattle to tell their stories of fear and humiliation—stories that echo the Japanese internments . Immigrant injustices since Septermber 11. Erosion of constitutional rights.
Dec 31, 2002
- Opposition to Iraq Invasion Builds,California Delivers for Families & the Earth, Mayan Justice Returns to Guatemala, South Dakota Backs Family Farmers, World Summit Takes on Corporations, Settlement Favors Saipan Workers, Unocal Can Be Sued for Atrocities, says Judge, Grocery Chain Goes Green, Report calls GMOs a “Disaster” for Farmers
Letter from the Editor
by Sarah Ruth van GelderDec 31, 2002
- Democracy is an unfinished project. Our challenge today is to include those who have been excluded, to reclaim our precious democracy from the corrupting influence of big money, and to deepen our democratic processes.
Talking Back: Media for the People
Dec 31, 2002
- Media for the People- Ricardo "Kool Aid" Chavez, Desiree Evans, Megan Rowling, Jonathan Lawson, Jeff Chester and Gary O. Larson
Dec 31, 2002
- Hyphenated People
Readers Take Action
by David Smith-FerriDec 31, 2002
- In Iraq, Waiting for War
Book Review - Making a Place for Community by
Thad Williamson, Gar Alperovitz, and David
by David MorrisDec 31, 2002
Book Review - Food Politics by Marion
by Ellie WinninghoffDec 31, 2002
Book Review - Silent Theft: The Private Plunder of Our Common Wealth by David Bollier
by Jonathan RoweDec 31, 2002
Free Airtime For Political
by Paul TaylorDec 31, 2002
- campaign finance reform and free airtime for candidates
Put Some Heart Into It: Spirit in Action
by Linda StoutDec 31, 2002
- Spirit in Action: Create a collective vision; Take time for community, and bring spirit into our work for change.
by Micah SifryDec 31, 2002
- clean elections: How can we rid our election system of the corrupting influence of big money and welcome in third parties?
Earth Democracy - an interview with Vandana Shiva
by Sarah Ruth van Gelder, Vandana ShivaDec 31, 2002
- an interview with Vandana Shiva, about seed saving, cultural insecurity, economic insecurity in India, hope