The Talking Circle
by ManitonquatDec 31, 2002
- talking circles in prisons, breaking the cycle of violence, ending violent crime
Porto Alegre's Budget Of, By, And For the
by David LewitDec 31, 2002
- The people of Porto alegre, Brazil, get to decide how to spend their city's budget, and the benefits are evident in neighborhoods rich and poor.
Belgium Leads Push for US Regime
by Phil LebovitsDec 31, 2002
- Political Satire by Phil Lebovits
Voices from the Valley
by Jonathan LawsonDec 31, 2002
- KDNA Radio Cadena: radio for the Latino community
Keep Moving On
by Fran KortenDec 31, 2002
- We're big enough to hold the terrible and the possible in our hearts at the same time.
Instead of Empire
by Sarah Ruth van GelderDec 31, 2002
- Phylis Bennis, Harlan Cleveland, Frank T. Griswold, Michael Lerner, and Marc Luyckx :: A roundtable exploration of what might happen if the U.S. chose a path that is neither the Clinton-promoted future of corporate globalization, nor the Bush Doctrine of endless war.
The Miner's Canary
by Lani Guinier, Gerald TorresDec 31, 2002
- The Miner's Canary by Lani Guinier and Gerald Torres, power-over, power-with, race, rules to the game
Erosion of Liberty Since September 11
by Ann BensonDec 31, 2002
- Erosion of Liberty Since September 11, DOJ allows detenton without charges, US Patriot Act
Discussion Guide for What Would Democracy Look Like?
by Carolyn McConnellDec 31, 2002
- Questions such as: What ways do you stay hopeful in dark times? What keeps you acting on what you believe when success seems distant or unlikely? What can (or do) you do to help friends and co-workers keep their spirits up?
by Jeff Chester, Gary O. LarsonDec 31, 2002
- center for Digital Democracy, open access to the internet, electronic commons
Play Your Own Tune
by Ricardo "Kool Aid" ChavezDec 31, 2002
- hip-hop/rap for the good
by Tom AtleeDec 31, 2002
- Convening a cross section of the population in high-quality dialogue, with full access to whatever information is vital to their deliberations, and helping them find common ground, and then publiicizing their work to the public and its representatives.
Study Circle Democracy
by Cecile AndrewsDec 31, 2002
- Deliberative democracy through study circles.
Let Every Voice Be Heard
by Steven HillDec 31, 2002
- Cumulative voting and instant runoff, Voting revolution, Alternative voting systems
by Desiree EvansDec 31, 2002
- Third world majority digital storytelling conference, Underground Railroad, ceate digital stories from the found material in lives, relaiming histories for people of color