Winter 2016 Student Writing Competition: Every Girl's Right
Dec 06, 2015
- Want a motivator to take your students' writing to a higher level? Here's an opportunity to write for a real audience, and the chance to get published by an award-winning magazine.
Inside COP21: You Have to See These Behind-the-Scenes Photos
by Tony MannoDec 04, 2015
- Fifteen reasons we love the Paris climate talks photo stream.
Video: What We Talk About When We Talk About Privilege
by Tony MannoDec 04, 2015
- In this YES! Short, volunteers discuss what it means to confront the privilege of others—as well as their own.
COP21: How to Ramp Down Fossil Fuels Fast—Without Leaving People Behind
by Kate AronoffDec 04, 2015
- In just a few months at the beginning of WWII, the U.S. auto industry converted to a war machine. We need that kind of rapid, driven transition to get away from fossil fuels. Here's the just way to do it.
#MyClimateMoment: When Was the Instant Climate Change Became Deep, Urgent, and Personal For You?
by Liz PleasantDec 04, 2015
- Lots of us have had a moment—a revelation, observation, or interaction—when climate change became more than a concept. What’s yours?
COP21: Climate Change Hurts Kids Worst
by Jim ShultzDec 03, 2015
- “There may be no greater, growing threat facing the world’s children—and their children—than climate change.”
COP21: What Paris Can Learn From a Mississippi Co-op
by Marcus Harrison GreenDec 03, 2015
- Cooperation Jackson heads to the Paris climate talks to show what a just transition to a green economy looks like.
Why Manning Up Is the Worst Thing to Do
by Mark GreeneDec 03, 2015
- Can we cure the toxicity of male trauma and the resulting illnesses it creates?
Corporate Climate Criminals Shamed in Paris Ad Campaign (and Other News to Chew On)
by YES! StaffDec 02, 2015
- How private companies are involved with COP21 talks, what the internet does to your focus, and how artists transformed ads to reveal the way companies pollute the planet.
Call for Submissions: Gender Justice
by YES! EditorsDec 02, 2015
- How do we achieve gender equality? This issue will look at why women's and LGBTQ issues are everybody's issues. Send us your pitches by Dec. 28.
Bad-Weather Bicycling: 4 Tips to Stay Warm, Safe, and Dry
by Miles SchneidermanDec 01, 2015
- This winter, bike more comfortably whether in rain, snow, or just frigid temperatures.
COP21: A Rallying Cry—No Climate Justice Without Full Indigenous Rights
by Sarah van GelderDec 01, 2015
- "We realize that in this country we don’t have political power. So we have always looked at building alliances, coalitions, or being part of coalitions."
COP21: Why These 15 Women Champions Should Have Seats at the Table
by Maria IvanovaNov 30, 2015
- Studies show that collective intelligence rises with the number of women in a group—but women are often underrepresented at talks like the ones going on in Paris this week. Meet 15 leaders worth listening to.
COP21: Meet 5 Everyday People Heading to the Paris Climate Talks
by Yessenia FunesNov 27, 2015
- Activists, researchers, and an artist. For them, climate change is personal.
The "Honorable Harvest": Lessons From an Indigenous Tradition of Giving Thanks
by Robin Wall KimmererNov 26, 2015
- What if this holiday season we fill our shopping baskets with only that which is needed and give something back in return?