Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Measuring Fukushima's Impact: How Geeks and Hackers Got Geiger Counters to the Masses
by Erika Lundahlposted Dec 06, 2013
- Thousands of ordinary people have contributed to a crowd-sourced effort to measure Fukushima's impact.
The Surprising Healing Qualities ... of Dirt
by Daphne Millerposted Dec 06, 2013
- A doctor discovers exposure to healthy farm soil holds keys to healthy bodies.
"Cherished Ideal": A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
by YES! online staffposted Dec 06, 2013
- This video tribute to Nobel Peace Laureate Nelson Mandela recounts moments in South Africa's history alongside quotes from some of his famous speeches.
Mandela's Spirit of Forgiveness
by David Kortenposted Dec 06, 2013
- Those in Mandela's circle were united in their compassion for the architects of the Apartheid system.
Can Football Teach Boys Compassion Instead of Aggression? Two Videos Show Us It Can.
by Ariel Cheslerposted Dec 06, 2013
- Two videos making the rounds online show us what happens when boys embrace their vulnerability and support one another's emotional needs.
Photo Essay: Bainbridge Island Museum of Art Joins the Green Museum Movement
by YES! Online Staffposted Dec 06, 2013
- LEED certification is tricky for museums, which must carefully regulate temperature and humidity. That makes this brand new building in small-town Washington all the more remarkable.
Can this Small College in Maryland Pass the Fairest Wage Policy in US Academia?
by Caroline Selleposted Dec 05, 2013
- An initiative developed by staff, students, and faculty would tie the earnings of the school's highest-paid employees to those of the lowest.
Infographic: Michael Pollan Says Home Cooking Might be the Single Best Way to Improve Your Health
by Doug Pibelposted Dec 05, 2013
- We spend less time in the kitchen than ever. But cooking could be an important solution to our public health crisis.
The Movement to Live More Simply Is Older Than You Think
by Roman Krznaricposted Dec 05, 2013
- What might history teach us about living more simple, less consumerist lifestyles?
How The King of Portland's Deli Scene Cured His Diabetes Through Diet (and Kept the Pastrami)
by Ken Gordonposted Dec 04, 2013
- When this foodie chef was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, he figured out how to get healthy without giving up his favorite foods.
We Know Who Stole the Economy—National People’s Action Moves to Take It Back
by David Kortenposted Dec 03, 2013
- "Listen to and work with your base to create a shared, big-picture narrative."
The Facts Are In: Austerity Politics Doesn't Work
by Sally Kohnposted Dec 03, 2013
- From England's double-dip recession to Portugal's spiking unemployment, there is now conclusive evidence of the complete failure of austerity.
Limited Time Offer: Get the Free Digital Edition of Food for Everyone
posted Dec 01, 2013
- Get the complete digital edition of our Food for Everyone issue when you shop or donate at the YES! store.
Facing Ourselves: The Climate Challenge Needs a New Kind of Bravery
by YES! online staffposted Nov 28, 2013
- Before fighting climate change, we must first confront our emotions about it.
StoryCorps: On Black Friday, Don’t Shop For Loved Ones—Listen to Them
by Natalie Lubsenposted Nov 28, 2013
- Finish out the holiday week by taking a few minutes to record the story of someone you love. We guarantee it will mean more to you than shopping.