Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Compassion the Radicalism of This Age
by Michael Naglerposted Aug 30, 1998
- Michael Nagler on the connection between compassion, quarks, biodiversity, and nonviolence.
Nuclear Testing: Building
by Donella Meadowsposted Aug 30, 1998
- you cannot gain security by making your enemy feel insecure.
by Kari Thoreneposted Aug 30, 1998
- An overview of innovative ways of peace making: The Unity Walk, South African Scenario Exercise: Is There a Future for Apartheid?, Toy Gun Trade-In, Campus Dialogues, Peace Jam Teaches Peace.
by Peter Montagueposted Aug 30, 1998
A New Military
by Brigadier General Michael Harbottleposted Aug 30, 1998
- Brigadier General Michael Harbottle sets out new appropriate roles for the military: peacekeeping/peacebuilding, disaster relief, and environmental security.
posted Aug 30, 1998
- In the real world, to fail to oppose something is to endorse it. . .and more
Politics And Re-enchantment
by Harland Cleveland, Marc Luyckxposted Aug 30, 1998
- Can a transmodern mindset open the way to a new conversation among nations?
Healing Into Action
by Cherie Brown, George Mazzaposted Aug 30, 1998
- Simple ways to reach across ethnic, racial, and other divides.
by Tera Abelson, Greta Cowanposted Aug 30, 1998
- Divorced parents struggle to find peaceful alternatives to the conflicts that can be so devastating for children
Mr. ED's (Endocrine Disrupter) Resource Guide
posted Jun 30, 1998
- Books, Organizations, Videos about Endocrine Disruptors, Environmental Toxins.
The Page That Counts :: Summer 1998
posted Jun 30, 1998
- Percentage increase of lawyers in Washington, DC, in the past seven years, and more...
From the Executive Director - First
by Fran Kortenposted Jun 30, 1998
- I am delighted to be here and eager to help the organization serve all of you in working toward a just, sustainable, and compassionate future for all. Fran Korten
Book Review: Earth Community, Earth Ethics by Larry Rasmussen
by L. A. Parks Dalozposted Jun 30, 1998
Drama Behind Bars
by Zootposted Jun 30, 1998
- Can an actor and playwright bring discipline and racial harmony to inmates of California's toughest prisons? Zoot helps prisoners in his drama program transform into "Urban Legends"
Gaviotas! Oasis of the Imagination
by Alan Weismanposted Jun 30, 1998
- In the “big, wet desert” of los llanos, nothing grows except a few nutrient-poor grasses. Paolo Lugari said he could build a self-sufficient society there–and make it sustainable