OPEN Position: Audience Engagement Manager
Department: Audience Relations Team
Reports to: Sr. Director of Product & Marketing
Status: Full-time Employee (40 hrs/week)
Location: Remote, U.S. (Pacific time hours)
Compensation: $60,000 to $70,000 DOE, plus benefits
YES! Media seeks an experienced engagement professional and gifted communicator to help craft and execute an audience engagement program designed to increase our mission impact, and affinity and revenue from our readers and financial supporters. For 25 years, YES! has published solutions journalism for a more equitable, sustainable, compassionate world, and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team. We’re growing, and the need for our work has never been greater. We believe a best-in-class engagement program will serve as fuel for even greater growth and impact.
This is a unique opportunity for a creative, ambitious team player to help build a dynamic engagement program from the ground up. You will be tasked with managing our day-to-day engagement operations, and creating safe, inspiring opportunities for readers to engage more deeply with YES! around our solutions journalism in support of a more equitable, sustainable, compassionate world. The opportunities to engage our current and prospective readers are endless — our live event series YES! Presents, our commenting platform Vox’s Coral, our robust social media followings, creative partnerships, and new and exciting ideas we can’t wait to explore with you.
To do this work, you’ll have the benefit of building upon a foundation comprised of an adoring base of supporters that have been authentically, lovingly tended to for 25 years by YES! staffers before “engagement” was even a thing in journalism.
The Audience Engagement Manager should be someone who is committed to an inclusive workplace that values differences in race, class, culture, gender, sexual orientation, and other aspects of individual and social identity. They should be committed to advancing equity within the organization and learning from the ideas, perspectives, and contributions of all staff members.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Product and Marketing and sits on the YES! Audience Relations Team (ART), a cross-departmental unit focused on increasing YES!’s reach, engagement, and revenue. The Audience Engagement Manager will also work closely with YES!’s editorial team to incorporate engagement opportunities into our content workflow, both pre- and post-production.
Sound like something that would make you want to get up and come to work every day? Fantastic — read on!
The ideal candidate is…
- A willing and thoughtful partner in YES!’s antiracism work by participating in racial equity training and supporting our ongoing efforts to build an equitable, diverse, and inclusive organization
- A force for good with a can-do spirit
- An expert communicator with outstanding interpersonal communication skills and an uncanny ability to put people at ease and find common ground with people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- Experienced with, and trained in, navigating and speaking to issues related to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- A self-starter with big ideas who’s unafraid of, and truly enjoys, the detail-oriented work that those big ideas require
- A true team player and leader, experienced with consensus-gathering, and comfort managing up, across, and down — with a strong bias toward action
- Highly organized and able to expertly manage different bodies of work deftly, efficiently, and excellently
- Comfortable speaking in front of audiences small and large
- Passionate about journalism and audience engagement, studiously monitoring the work and resources of organizations like Gather, Nieman Lab, ONA, and others — not just to learn about the latest shiny activity or tool of the moment, but to glean information and tactics that may be relevant to YES!’s very specific set of opportunities and challenges
- In collaboration with the Sr. Director of Product & Marketing, develop an engagement strategy designed to increase reach, loyalty, and revenue from the YES! community
- Serve as a face of the YES! community in person and online, working with current and prospective readers to help inform our work, our editorial team to create opportunities for engagement around our content, and our Audience Relations Team around fundraising
- Manage online engagement via our commenting platform Coral, Facebook groups, and other prioritized social media channels, developing a workflow with our editorial team that cultivates constructive discussion and builds affinity for YES!
- Serve as project manager for our live virtual event series, YES! Presents, helping develop events and partnerships that support our overall engagement strategy
- Help manage external engagement opportunities like partnerships, events, and media coverage that help introduce YES! to community groups, advocates, and prospective YES! subscribers across the country
- Cultivate a group of volunteers and ambassadors to aid with elevating YES! and our work
- Fully participate as a member of both the Audience Relations Team and YES! staff, providing input and advice on fundraising and campaign strategy
- Monitor the Gather Slack community and other engagement resources to stay up to date on best practices and strategies for driving reader engagement
Tasks & Time
- 40% – Online reader engagement
- 40% – Events and offline reader engagement
- 20% – Outreach & Partnerships
Required Skills and Experience
In addition to excitement for the YES! mission, qualified applicants should have:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a public-facing audience engagement capacity
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills, both online and offline
- Strong understanding of and commitment to our mission for a more just, sustainable, compassionate world
- Strong understanding of issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience in managing elements of event planning, logistics, and outreach
- Experience in marketing, promotion, and/or public relations
- Detail and task oriented, with strong project management and time management skills
- Flexible, quick learner who demonstrates initiative and independence
- Ability to work collaboratively in a participatory environment
- Availability for occasional travel once it’s safe to do so, and some nights and weekends
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding and connections within movements for social justice, local economies, grassroots solutions, indigenous leadership, racial justice, and climate justice
- Strong understanding of solutions journalism
- Experience with online and/or offline fundraising
- Experience working with remote and in-house teams to engage readers
- Copywriting experience — either for marketing and/or editorial purposes
- Experience with online platforms for content management and/or customer relationship management (e.g. WordPress, Salesforce), web analytics, and basic HTML
- Active consumer of digital media, including news, social, and streaming content
- Familiarity using tools like Slack, Airtable, Trello and Zapier to work more efficiently
- Familiarity with Vox’s Coral or other commenting platforms a plus
- Experience with WordPress, Salesforce, and/or Photoshop a plus
Read to apply?
- Complete our applicant survey. No phone calls, please.
Positive Futures Network/YES! Media is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace and encouraging people from underrepresented communities to apply. We encourage the following applicants: people of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities who are underrepresented in the journalism industry.