Title: Customer Service Coordinator
Department: Operations and Finance
Reports to: Human Resources Manager/Finance Administrator
Status: Part-time employee (32 hrs./week)
Location: In Office, Bainbridge Island/Occasional Remote
Compensation: $20-$24/hour DOE plus Benefits
YES! Media seeks a Customer Service Coordinator to serve as the outward front-line communication channel with our readers, via phone and email. Additionally, the coordinator will process orders and donations, and perform general office administrative tasks.
YES! Media is a 25-year-old nonprofit news publisher of solutions journalism for a more equitable, sustainable, compassionate world. YES! is growing, and our operations team is critical in our efforts to reach, engage, convert, and retain supporters for even greater growth and impact.
The Customer Service Coordinator will report to the Human Resources Manager/Finance Administrator and will sit on a small-but-impactful, cross-functional Finance & Operations Team, providing groundwork in support of our mission.
The Customer Service Coordinator should be committed to an inclusive workplace that values differences in race, culture, gender, sexual orientation, and other aspects of individual and social identity. They should be committed to advancing equity within the organization and learning from the ideas, perspectives, and contributions of all staff members. Building the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion into the way we work is a critical priority at YES! Media.
Sound like something that would make you want to get up and come to work every day? Fantastic — read on!
You’re the ideal candidate if you’re…
- A willing and thoughtful partner in YES!’s antiracism work by participating in racial equity training and supporting our ongoing efforts to build an equitable, diverse, and inclusive organization.
- A force for good with a can-do spirit.
- A strong communicator with effective interpersonal communication skills and the ability to be gracious on the phone and provide helpful responses to customer inquiries, including guiding customers through basic on-line troubleshooting or processes in a manner that non-technical customers can understand.
- A candidate who is skilled in written communications.
- A highly organized and accurate candidate who can manage different projects efficiently.
- A self-starter who genuinely enjoys the detail-oriented work of simplifying tasks for both external and internal stakeholders
- Serve as the outward front-line of contact of customers to the organization.
- Maintain customer and donor database records.
- Provide Office administrative tasks such as coordinating meetings and events, daily bank deposits and post office runs.
- Facility maintenance
- Multiple years CMS experience
- Office 365 experience – including Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneNote
- Experience with cloud platforms for video and audio-conferencing including Slack and Zoom.
- Salesforce experience is highly desirable.
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds physically and able to do repetitive work.
- 11 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Generous sick and family leave
- Generous vacation time
- Orca transit pass
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage, vision, dental, long-term disability and health reimbursement arrangement
- 2% employer contribution to Simple IRA retirement plan
Background check. Because this position has access to financial assets and confidential subscriber financial information, any final candidate who hires into this position must successfully pass a criminal background check before a final offer of employment will be made.
How to Apply: Please email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume attached, with “Customer Service Coordinator” in the subject line. No paper applications or phone calls, please. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by June 15, 2021.
Positive Futures Network/YES! Media is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace and encouraging people from underrepresented communities to apply. We encourage the following applicants: people of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities who are underrepresented in the media field.