Give Stock to YES!
Your donation of appreciated stock will support our work, count as a tax-deduction for you, and free you from capital gains tax on the stock’s increased value.
Here’s how it works:
If you purchased stock for $500, and it is now worth $5,000, your gift of the stock is tax-deductible at the current value of $5,000. In addition, you will pay no capital gains tax on the $4,500 appreciation.
- Ask your broker to transfer the shares to the Positive Futures Network (the nonprofit publisher of YES! Magazine).
- Our receiving institution is:
We work with Bruce Herbert at Newground Social Investment
(206) 522-1944 (for charitable stock transfer advice)
- Our Account # Z 49-101583
- DTC Clearing Code # 0226
Please make donations to the Positive Futures Network, tax ID # 91-1715916
Our mailing address is: 284 Madrona Way NE Suite 116, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- To ensure that you are properly acknowledged for your gift, it is helpful to let us know a transfer is taking place by calling us at the number below.
Call development manager Robin Simons 206/842-5009, extension 213, or email her at rsimons [at] yesmagazine.org.