Filling our lives with motivation and meaning.
The Radical Homemaker's Guide To Telling Your Kids "No"
by Shannon Hayesposted Jul 08, 2014
- As a mother, I have made life choices that can’t always include everything my children want—like hiking the Adirondacks. Here’s how I learned to overcome the guilt.
Acupuncture, Yoga, and Massage: Not Just for Rich People
by Liz Pleasantposted Jun 06, 2014
- From Oakland to Brooklyn, practitioners of holistic health care are working to make their services affordable for all.
Will My Visually Impaired Daughter Ever Read? (And Why Does That Question Scare Me So Much?)
by Shannon Hayesposted May 20, 2014
- I've learned not to worry about whether others approve of my life. But applying the same thinking to my daughter is a challenge.
Defending the Earth, Even After Death: The Green Burial Movement
by Hunter Marshallposted Mar 20, 2014
- The greenest burial places essentially transform the cemetery into a nature preserve—and a "posthumous occupation" of a $20 billion funeral industry.
A New Story for a New Economy
by David Kortenposted Mar 19, 2014
- David Korten's new essay (available to read as a PDF) connects the work of finding a new sacred story with the effort to build a new economy.
How an American Lama Finds Joy in Turbulent Times
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 11, 2014
- Lama Tsomo is a Tibetan Buddhist lama, a former homesteader, and an heiress to a family fortune who lives a quiet life in the mountains of Montana. Now she is beginning to teach the practices and insights gained through years of solitary retreats and study.
After This Indian Nun Witnessed a Woman’s Murder, She Saved Thousands More from Domestic Violence
by Christa Hillstromposted Dec 20, 2013
- As India honors the first anniversary of the Delhi gang rape that rocked the nation, YES! talks with Sister Lucy Kurien—whose life was changed forever when she saw a young woman set on fire.
posted Nov 18, 2013
- KarmaTube music video on kindness.
20 Ways to Practice Gratitude
posted Nov 18, 2013
- 20 Ways to Practice Gratitude Poster for November Newsletter.
21-Day Gratitude Challenge: I’m Grateful I Can Honor the Child I Lost By Being More Open to Love Today
posted Nov 08, 2013
- A moving sampling of participants’ reflections from the first two days of the Gratitude Challenge.
"A New Kind of Self-Awareness": Film Explores Implications of Seeing Earth from Space
by YES! online teamposted Oct 25, 2013
- How has the experience of seeing our planet from outer space changed the way we think about it?
And the Next Day, I Teach
posted Oct 21, 2013
- What calls Aletha Fields, English teacher at Iroquois High School in Louisville, Kentucky, to continue to teach each and every day? Friends, family, mentors, students, faith, and care for one's self.
In Sikh Response to Hateful Beating, A Lesson for Us All
by Kevin Fongposted Oct 03, 2013
- When Dr. Prabhjot Singh was attacked by a group of young men who believed he was a Muslim, he responded by advocating love and compassion.
From the Ancients to the Aughts: The Story of the Human Search for God
by Chris Francisposted Sep 27, 2013
- Nathan Schneider’s “God In Proof” explores the history of the search for existence of God, from the Greek philosophers to today’s New Atheists.
Why Do Nuns Outlive the Rest of Us? Six Tips for Healthy Aging
by Anna I. Corwinposted Sep 27, 2013
- The good news is that you don't have to live in a convent to do the things that keep these nuns healthy and happy.