Healthy for you, your community, and the planet.
Just the Facts: Should We Eat Animals?
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Feb 01, 2011
- We can feed the world and still eat meat—but only a little bit.
Farmer Joel Salatin: Why Changing the Food System is Up to You
posted Feb 01, 2011
- YES! interviewed foodie farmer Joel Salatin for Can Animals Save Us?, the Spring 2011 issue. Listen to audio clips here.
Farmer by Farmer, an Organic Transition
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted Jan 31, 2011
- After decades of chemicals, farmers in the Philippines are seeing the benefits of organic farming. But what convinced them to make the switch in the first place?
A Hands-On New Year
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Jan 26, 2011
- Grace Lee Boggs: The next decade will bring further changes in the way we think about food, work, and education.
Food for a Rooted Future
by Robin Broad, John Cavanaghposted Jan 18, 2011
- In the Philippines, a new kind of conventional wisdom about food: chemical free, community strong.
Curriculum & Resources: Getting Boys to Read, Story of Food
posted Dec 22, 2010
- Two resources that explore how to get boys to be lifelong readers and where our food comes from.
Walking Gently on the Earth
by Rev. Wendy Bellposted Dec 19, 2010
- Making faithful choices about food, energy, shelter, and more.
Miami Rice: The Business of Disaster in Haiti
by Beverly Bell and Tory Fieldposted Dec 16, 2010
- Haitian farmers are resisting rice imports they say cripple their chances of real food security.
When Crop Mobs Take Over
by Tina Chadwickposted Nov 24, 2010
- In Atlanta, city slickers have found a way to give back to the farms that feed them.
You Are Who You Eat With
by Katherine Gustafsonposted Nov 21, 2010
- Why hectic times call for a return to the family meal.
Boat-to-Table Fishing CSAs Catching On
by Ellen Tyler, Daniel Firesideposted Nov 14, 2010
- Do you know who your fisherman is?
My Kids Eat Snails
by Shannon Hayesposted Nov 04, 2010
- Radical homemaker Shannon Hayes: When standardized curricula fall short, food can teach the values I want my kids to learn.
Matchmaking for Vegetables
by Ari LeVauxposted Oct 26, 2010
- A new website lets gardeners find partners with whom to swap their excess produce.
8 Food Rules from My 10-Mile Diet
by Vicki Robinposted Oct 19, 2010
- After a month of hyperlocavore eating, Vicki Robin developed her own food rules for a lifetime.
YES! Picks: Recipes for Fall
posted Oct 13, 2010
- Along with a great Winter 2011 issue, check out what YES! is cooking up this fall.