Title: Salesforce Administrator
Department: Audience Relations Team
Reports to: Sr. Director of Product & Marketing
Status: Part-time employee (30 hrs/week)
Location: Remote, U.S.
Compensation: $35-$44/hour, plus benefits
YES! Media seeks a certified Salesforce Administrator to own our data systems, reporting, and analysis for our 25-year-old nonprofit news publisher of solutions journalism for a more equitable, sustainable, compassionate world. YES! is growing, and our robust Salesforce implementation and integrations are the critical backbone of our efforts to reach, engage, convert, and retain supporters for even greater growth and impact.
This is a unique opportunity for an analytical team player to leverage a sophisticated nonprofit Salesforce implementation to improve our users’ experience, improve internal efficiency, and identify opportunities to grow our revenue. They will be tasked with owning the quality, security, integrations, and maintenance of our data systems and the reporting and analysis of key performance indicators.
The Salesforce Administrator will report to the Sr. Director of Product and Marketing and will sit on a small-but-impactful, cross-functional product team that leads efforts to address technical and data needs of YES! This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining our webstores and platform integrations and collaborating with third-party vendors who manage our website and platform work.
The Salesforce Administrator should be someone who is committed to an inclusive workplace that values differences in race, culture, gender, sexual orientation, and other aspects of individual and social identity. They should be committed to advancing equity within the organization and learning from the ideas, perspectives, and contributions of all staff members.
Building the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion into the way we work is a critical priority at YES! Media.
Sound like something that would make you want to get up and come to work every day? Fantastic — read on!
You’re the ideal candidate if you’re…
- A willing and thoughtful partner in YES!’s antiracism work by participating in racial equity training and supporting our ongoing efforts to build an equitable, diverse, and inclusive organization
- A force for good with a can-do spirit.
- A self-starter who truly enjoys the detail-oriented work of simplifying tasks for both external and internal stakeholders
- A strong communicator with effective interpersonal communication skills and the ability to translate complex technical explanations into to terms that non-technical folks can understand without sounding condescending
- A team player and leader, experienced with receiving and giving constructive criticism, consensus-gathering, and comfort managing up, across, and down — with a strong bias toward action
- Highly organized and able to manage different bodies of work deftly, efficiently, and excellently
- Passionate about your work, regularly involved in reading and learning more about your craft and industry, and an excitement for discovering and implementing technologies that create efficiency and effectiveness of that work
- Salesforce administration
- Accountable for the quality and security of data and automated processes within Salesforce.
- Ensure that data standards are set and adhered to throughout the organization.
- Create, test, deploy, and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, workflows, and other enhancements to Salesforce.
- Regularly QA database, including deduplication, checking for and cleaning data that does not meet standards, and finding and fixing bugs in automations.
- Perform data imports, bulk data/field updates, and maintain database backups.
- Maintain current knowledge of Salesforce features, functionality, enhancements, and integration ecosystem; provide recommendations for system improvements.
- Document company processes, workflows, and codebase.
- Provide onboarding training and ongoing systems support to database users in Salesforce and related tools.
- Create customized reports as needed.
- Maintain security permissions and licenses for all Salesforce users.
- Customer-facing data systems
- Maintain current public-facing systems that contribute data to our systems (e.g., donation and payment forms) and support future integrations, ensuring data security and a positive experience for our supporters.
- Automation and efficiency
- Manage the data connections between Salesforce and other third party platforms such as WordPress, Campaign Monitor, FormAssembly, Unbounce, Google Analytics, Apsona, and Chargent; improve and troubleshoot their use and application throughout the organization.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions for automation of manual processes, ways automation, data, and new or improved technology tools that can increase revenue
- Gather requirements from internal end users for improvements to the CRM and marketing funnel, and define and implement enhancements.
- Data analysis
- Capture, extract, and analyze data for internal stakeholders (e.g., the YES! marketing funnel, habits and performance of important user segments, etc.) to inform our business and impact goals
- Own and maintain the monthly update of our KPI dashboards
- Salesforce Certified Administrator certification
- 2+ years of hands on Salesforce administration experience
- 2+ years experience with complex data analysis
- Experience integrating Salesforce with third party applications like email platforms, Apsona and social media platforms a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics, pivot tables, and data visualization tools a plus
- Experience working with WordPress, payment processors, and APIs a plus
- Experience with Apex, Visualforce, and other coding experience a plus
- Work with a team focused on covering some of the most important issues of our time
- Work with talented people who understand work-life balance
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, with deductible reimbursement
- Generous vacation time with sick and parental leave if needed
- Simple IRA contributions
- Pretax commuter transportation benefits
Ready to apply?
- Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] No phone calls, please.
Positive Futures Network/YES! Media is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace and encouraging people from underrepresented communities to apply. We encourage the following applicants: people of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities who are underrepresented in the field of technology.