The creative spirit, and how it moves us.
- Photo Essays
- New visions of the world we thought we knew.
- Soundtrack to a revolution.
- Reading list for a better world.
- Wisdom to go.
- Telling inspiring stories of social change.
- Create your own captions.
- Poets speak out.
- Listen to interviews, podcasts, radio programs that tell the YES! stories.
- Watch trailers to our pick of maddening and motivating independent films.
Interview with Susan Gleason
by Diane Hornposted Jun 27, 2007
- Susan Gleason talks about the US Social Forum in this 30-minute interview with Diane Horn, producer and host of the Sustainability Segment of KEXP.
Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 27, 2007
- Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey during the Freedom Caravan to the US Social Forum
In Their Own Words
posted Jun 16, 2007
- A YES! photo-essay with portraits and accompanying interviews with the Cuban pioneers of global health care.
posted Jun 14, 2007
- A preview of the documentary film ¡Salud! which examines the Cuban health care system and its role in the quest for global health.
posted Jun 13, 2007
- "That wasn't what I meant by having someone to look up to!" Caption submitted by Paul Ventura.
by Catherine Bailey, Sarah Kuckposted May 31, 2007
- Yes! reveals their musical inspiration while putting together this issue as well as favorite independent films.
Film Resources: Latin America
posted May 16, 2007
- The YES! team's recommendations for great documentaries and feature films from Latin America to accompany this issue.
posted May 11, 2007
- Review of the documentary "Favela Rising" with Anderson Sa frontman for the band Afro Reggae. AfroReggae's music has brought the sound of hope to Brazil's slums.
Voices of Time
by Eduardo Galeanoposted May 11, 2007
- The work of Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayan author and historian. His book of stories Voices of Time: A Life in Stories is published by Metropolitan Books.
posted May 10, 2007
- "So many ways to sink or swim." Caption submitted by Henning Drager.
Affect Change: Go to the US Social Forum
posted May 08, 2007
- People explain why they are going to the US Social Forum in Atlanta, Georgia, June 27-July 1, 2007.
Electric Surfboard Cartoon
posted Mar 30, 2007
- "Sure it keeps your feet warm, but you can only surf the inshore break." Caption submitted by Townsend Twainhart.
posted Mar 26, 2007
- YES! staff reveal their musical inspiration while while putting out this issue: Matisyahu's 'Youth'; Amos Lee; and Laura Veirs' 'Carbon Glacier'.
posted Mar 23, 2007
- A selection from Eddie Adams' celebrated photographs of the lives of an extraordinary group of courageous individuals worldwide: the 'defenders' of human rights.
Poetry excerpt :: 'A Brave and Startling Truth'
by Maya Angelouposted Mar 22, 2007
- An excerpt from Maya Angelou's poem 'A Brave and Startling Truth.'