Strengthening our connections.
Youth Court: Jury of Their Peers
by Edgar S. Cahnposted Sep 30, 2000
- The Time Dollar Youth Court in Washington, D.C. for first time juvenile offenders aims to keep first offenders from becoming hardened criminals.
by Jean Houstonposted Mar 31, 2000
- Jean Houston, sees the internet as a place where a new species intelligence is being born.
by Tracy Rysavyposted Oct 29, 1999
- A story about Tree People, a Los Angeles organization that is fighting global climate change by planting trees. by Tracy Rysavy
Curitiba: Story of a City
by Bill McKibbenposted Jun 30, 1999
- Curitiba, Brazil, is drawing attention around the world not for its beauty or cultural amenities but for its solutions to ecological and human problems that have left other cities in despair.
Stopping the Big Boxes
by Doug Pibelposted Jun 30, 1999
- stopping Wal-Mart
Healing Into Action
by Cherie Brown, George Mazzaposted Aug 30, 1998
- Simple ways to reach across ethnic, racial, and other divides.
City People: Women's Wealth
by Jane Wilson, Diana McCourtposted Jun 30, 1997
- Womanshare—a micro-economy of skill sharing, entrepreneurship, and mutual aid.
by Alisa Gravitzposted Jun 30, 1997
- Alisa Gravitz receives a basket of gifts that nurture her spirit and the planet.
37 Ways to Join the Gift Economy
by Beverly Feldman, Charles Grayposted Jun 30, 1997
- You don't have to participate in a local currency or service exchange to be part of the cooperative gift economy. Any time you do a favor for a family member, neighbor, colleague, or stranger you're part of it. Here are some ways you can spend time in the gift economy, where you'll find fun, freedom, and connection.