Freedom from cluttered lives and minds.
Reaching for Resilience
by Christa Hillstromposted Oct 21, 2010
- 10 ways that one rural ecovillage is building strong foundations for coming times.
Visual Learning: Cone in the Cob
posted Oct 13, 2010
- With this YES! lesson plan, try to truly understand an image, its message, and why it’s interesting (or not). In this case it's all about simplicity.
Skill Up, Party Down
by Mason Inmanposted Sep 17, 2010
- Transition Towns plan a gentle descent from oil dependence—and have a blast in the process.
Can You DIY?
posted Sep 17, 2010
- Sweeten with honey, darn a sock, and refrigerate without electricity: Learn how to do what your grandparents knew
Pioneers of the New Normal
by Sarah van Gelderposted Sep 14, 2010
- We’re facing a very different world than the one we knew. Here’s what people are doing to prepare …
Resilient Ideas: A Hand-Built Home
by Sven Eberleinposted Sep 11, 2010
- No fortune? No skills? No problem. How a novice builder used mud–and teamwork–to make a house from scratch.
Resilient Ideas: Bike As You Are
by Valerie Schloredtposted Sep 09, 2010
- Whether it's in lycra or heels, the emerging movement of "come as you are" cycling proves that anyone can bike–anytime, anywhere.
Resilient Ideas: Low-Impact Urban Living
by Sven Eberleinposted Sep 09, 2010
- The challenges of creating urban ecovillages can also be great advantages.
Movies, My Kids, and Me
by Shannon Hayesposted Sep 08, 2010
- Shannon Hayes used movies to give her daughters—and herself—an occasional break. Then they began to take over.
On Facing Judgment
by Shannon Hayesposted Aug 17, 2010
- Live radically, and you’ll inevitably face the judgment of others. For Shannon Hayes, loving unconditionally is the antidote.
How Resilient Are You?
posted Aug 13, 2010
- Take this test to find out.
Score and Swap, For Free!
posted Aug 13, 2010
- Wish there was a store where everything was free? New York's latest pop-up swap, Score!, has the answer.
8 Ways to Keep Your Cool Without Air Conditioning
by Stan Coxposted Aug 12, 2010
- 8 tips to help you beat the summer heat.
My Tiny, Free House
by Michael Janzenposted Aug 10, 2010
- Michael Janzen had a big house and a big mortgage. Then the financial crisis hit, and he wondered just how small, and how cheap, a house could be.
Leaving It Up To Them
by Shannon Hayesposted Jul 28, 2010
- What happens when children raised in radical homes choose the straight and narrow?