Filling our lives with motivation and meaning.
the gifts from the four directions
by Ilarion (Larry) Merculieffposted May 20, 2004
- the gifts from the four directions by Ilarion (Larry) Merculieff. The elders tell us that when the people of the four sacred colors come together at last, we will see the beginnings of a new world.
A Pilgrimage to Syria
by Elias Amidon, Elizabeth Rabia Robertsposted May 20, 2004
- The Damascus peace mission: pilgrims to Syria find that the healing of wounds begins with listening, learning, and praying together in many languages.
A Force More Powerful Than Violence: An Interview with Bob Edgar
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- Carolyn McConnell interviews Bob Edgar general secretary of the National Council of Churches (NCC).
Put Some Heart Into It: Spirit in Action
by Linda Stoutposted Dec 31, 2002
- Spirit in Action: Create a collective vision; Take time for community, and bring spirit into our work for change.
In the Native Way
by Tom Goldtoothposted Nov 05, 2001
- For a sundancer and bundle-keeper in the Dakota tradition, the world and the spirit are identical.
Freedom's Sacred Dance
by Vincent Harding, Rosemarie Freeney Hardingposted Oct 27, 2000
- The Veterans of Hope Project brings together veterans of the civil rights movement with young activist to explore links between religion and social transformation.
by Michael Jonasposted Sep 30, 2000
- In 1990 Boston had 152 killings; in 1999, the number had fallen to 30, not one of them a juvenile. Boston's nationally acclaimed approach to stemming gang violence and youth crime is examined.
by Jean Houstonposted Mar 31, 2000
- Jean Houston, sees the internet as a place where a new species intelligence is being born.
Moments of Grace
by Thomas Berryposted Mar 31, 2000
- new stories, moments of grace, by thomas berry
Making Peace Between Religions
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Aug 30, 1998
- Spiritual leaders from 50 countries call for an end to violence in the name of religion.
Compassion the Radicalism of This Age
by Michael Naglerposted Aug 30, 1998
- Michael Nagler on the connection between compassion, quarks, biodiversity, and nonviolence.