How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
by Mary Nelsonposted May 09, 2005
- Incorporates a mix of high-density residential, retail and office functions all within easy access of a major transit stop.
Community Land Trusts
by Susan Witt, Merrian Fullerposted May 09, 2005
- CLT's take land out of the speculative market and hold it for farmland, conservation or as sites for housing or businesses.
The Guerrilla News Network
by Anna Lappeposted Mar 24, 2005
- What is the Gerrilla News Network?
The Work Ahead: Start a Dialogue; Take a Stand
by Reverend Robert W. Edgarposted Mar 23, 2005
- National Council of Churches is rolling out study materials on the current state of world affairs.
It Takes a Community Media Center
by Dirk Koningposted Mar 16, 2005
- The Community Media Center (CMC) was founded in 1981 as Grand Rapids Cable Access Center (known as GRTV). It is one of the first public access stations in the nation to expand beyond public access television to provide a range of media tools, training and transmission options for community members and nonprofit organizations. Among them, the five affiliates offer numerous projects and services.
Questions for Students: Earth Charter
by YES! for Youth Education Programposted Mar 10, 2005
Media Hero: Ed Schultz
by Carolyn McConnellposted Mar 10, 2005
Media Hero: DeeDee Halleck
by Jonathan Lawsonposted Mar 10, 2005
presente! a radio station barn raising
by Hannah Sassamanposted Mar 10, 2005
- When farmworkers needed a way to reach one another, they invited activists nationwide for a radio barn raising.
Media That Set Us Free Discussion Guide
posted Feb 21, 2005
- Why in the midst of this information glut are we not getting the information we need? What does this mean for our democracy? More questions like these . . .
by Bill Moyersposted Feb 16, 2005
- Some journalists are stubbornly pursuing the truth despite growing media monopolies, government secrecy, ideology, and public relations spin doctors—but it’s getting tougher
10 Steps to More Democratic Media
by Jeffrey Chester, Gary O. Larsonposted Feb 16, 2005
- 10 Steps to More Democratic Media
by Josh Silver, Robert W. McChesneyposted Feb 08, 2005
Going to Where the Silence Is: Interview with Amy Goodman
by Carolyn McConnellposted Feb 02, 2005
- Interview with Amy Goodman, how she created Democracy Now
Resource Guide: Democratic Media
by Lisa Kundratposted Feb 02, 2005
- Resources for More Democratic Media