How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
Belgium Leads Push for US Regime
by Phil Lebovitsposted Dec 31, 2002
- Political Satire by Phil Lebovits
Voices from the Valley
by Jonathan Lawsonposted Dec 31, 2002
- KDNA Radio Cadena: radio for the Latino community
Erosion of Liberty Since September 11
by Ann Bensonposted Dec 31, 2002
- Erosion of Liberty Since September 11, DOJ allows detenton without charges, US Patriot Act
Discussion Guide for What Would Democracy Look Like?
by Carolyn McConnellposted Dec 31, 2002
- Questions such as: What ways do you stay hopeful in dark times? What keeps you acting on what you believe when success seems distant or unlikely? What can (or do) you do to help friends and co-workers keep their spirits up?
by Jeff Chester, Gary O. Larsonposted Dec 31, 2002
- center for Digital Democracy, open access to the internet, electronic commons
by Tom Atleeposted Dec 31, 2002
- Convening a cross section of the population in high-quality dialogue, with full access to whatever information is vital to their deliberations, and helping them find common ground, and then publiicizing their work to the public and its representatives.
Study Circle Democracy
by Cecile Andrewsposted Dec 31, 2002
- Deliberative democracy through study circles.
Let Every Voice Be Heard
by Steven Hillposted Dec 31, 2002
- Cumulative voting and instant runoff, Voting revolution, Alternative voting systems
Readers Take Action
posted Sep 30, 2002
- Democracy's Conversation, High Noon for Sprawl
The Creative Commons
by Molly Van Houwelingposted Sep 30, 2002
- Public Domain for creative works by Molly Van Houweling
The New Political Compass
by Paul Rayposted Jun 30, 2002
- While pundits and media remain oblivious, New Progressives are poised to forge a new American majority, whose numbers, clarity of vision, and passion could change the country’s direction
The Untold Story of America's
by Jack Weatherfordposted Jan 31, 2002
- The Untold Story of America's Democracy by Jack Weathorford, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
How To Be a Patriot
by Sam Smithposted Jan 31, 2002
- how to be a patriot, by Sam Smith, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
Get Your Vote On
by Malika Sandersposted Jan 31, 2002
- In the early days of the campaign, I often wondered whether the oppressive conditions of Selma were just a figment of my own analysis because the people here seemed so uninspired to oust Smitherman. I realized later that people only needed the spirit of hope combined with inspired “people power” and the timing of “Greater power” to overcome their worst fears and make lasting changes a reality.
Resource Guide: What Does It Mean to Be an American?
posted Jan 31, 2002
- Organizations for human rights, immigration rights, civil rights, rights for freedom