Articles By This Author
And it offers a blueprint for reforming other districts that suffer from overpolicing.
Mike Males | Feb 14, 2019
A dramatic 25-year reduction in gun violence among youth puts high schoolers in a unique position to influence debate.
Mike Males | Mar 6, 2018
Younger people consistently see human rights—racial, immigrant, gender, LGBT—as important and uncontroversial.
Mike Males | Dec 22, 2017
To have an honest, nonpartisan discussion about gun violence, we must look at what happened in New York, California, and Texas.
Mike Males | Feb 16, 2018
Schools are the sites of fewer than 3 percent of students’ gun homicides; the other 97 percent occur somewhere other than school.
Mike Males | May 18, 2018
Election night’s most surprising Democratic victory defies the trend of a growing urban-rural chasm.
Mike Males | Nov 30, 2018
New data on violent deaths show that all people are safest living in places with high diversity—but especially White people.
Mike Males | Aug 21, 2017
More compassionate drug policy reforms in California have resulted in a drug death rate 40 percent below the national average.
Mike Males | Oct 31, 2017