Percentage of female representatives in national legislatures around the globe in 1990: 12
Percentage in 2006: 17 
Percentage of fast food restaurants with more bacteria in their ice than in their toilets, as tested by a Florida 7th grader: 70 
Percentage of studies reporting favorable results for a medication if they are funded by the drug's producers: 80
Percentage reporting favorable results if funded by a pharmaceutical competitor: 30
Percentage reporting favorable results if conducted with no industry support: 50 
Percentage chance that a given gene in your body is patented and privately owned: 20 
Number of human pathogens privately owned, including haemophilus influenza and Hepatitis C: 20 
Number of states that don't require adult drivers and passengers to wear seatbelts: 1
Percentage of 2006 traffic fatalities in that state (New Hampshire) not wearing a seatbelt at the time of accident: 77 
Percentage of adults who say Medicare should negotiate with drug companies for lower prices: 79
Number of seniors and disabled Americans who receive drug coverage through Medicare: 22 million 
Percentage of senators who, last April, voted in opposition of legislation to renegotiate Medicare drug prices: 55 
Amount, in dollars, “sustaining contributors” donate monthly to Scooter Libby's defense fund to “clear his name”: 25-1,000 
Dollars required to supplement the diet of a four-member family for one month through the charity Feed The Children: 20 
Dimensions, in feet, of the shack London squatter Harry Hallowes calls home: 8x12
Years the 70 year-old Hallowes has squatted there: 21
Assessed value, in pounds, of the land given to Hallowes by the Land Registry after he invoked squatter's rights: 2 million 
Winning distance, in feet, of 2006 “Punkin Chunkin” contest, in which competitors fling pumpkins with trebuchets and catapults: 3870.50 
Average payout, in dollars, to the families of innocent Afghans killed by Marines: 2,000 
Average payout, in dollars, to 9/11 victims and victims' families: 1.7million 
- “The Millennium Development Goals Report 2006,” United Nations, retrieved June, 2007.
- "Fast Food Ice Dirtier than Toilet Water," ABC News, February 20, 2007. http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=health&id=3929462
- “Relationship between drug company funding and outcomes of clinical psychiatric research,”Igor Galynker, Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City, 2006
- "Someone (Other Than You) May Own Your Genes," Denise Caruso, New York Times, January 28, 2007.
- "Patenting Life," Michael Crichton, New York Times, February 13, 2007.
- "The time has come to pass seat-belt law," Editorial staff, The Nashua Telegraph, May 27, 2007.
- "Americans back price negotiations on Medicare drugs," Christopher Lee,The Washington Post, December 9, 2006.
- "Bill to let Medicare Negotiate Drug Prices is Blocked," Robert Pear, New York Times, April 18, 2007.
- The official web site of the Libby Legal Defense Trust, www.scooterlibby.com.
- Figures based on averages and confirmed by organization headquarters. Feedthechildren.org
- “Tramp wins rights to prime land,” BBC News, May 24, 2007. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6687931.stm
- The official web site of the Punkin Chunkin World Championship, www.punkinchunkin.com.
- “U.S. Pays and Apologizes to Kin of Afghans Killed by Marines,” David S. Cloud, New York Times, May 9, 2007.
- “September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Claims' Deadline Approaches,”Department of Justice, Nov. 25, 2003.